Mira sport shower broken

Pocster

Hey all,

Not sure where to post this so thought here would be good.

This shower started 'clicking' as you adjusted the temp. Now the temperature dial doesn't seem to work.

I've taken the cover off as I assume it's some plastic or something broken rather than a thermostatic valve or similar.

Googled it; but can't see what goes where. i.e. can't tell if it is broken.

Have this 'white' disc which seems to sit on the back of the control knob - but falls off!; is this broken?

Cheers

IMG_5598.JPG

IMG_5599.JPG

IMG_5600.JPG

Does the actual shower dial temperature control still turn by hand? I've had a Mira shower break in the past, but it was the bit of plastic that connects the front cover dial to the the main unit control that had cracked - buying a new front cover was a simple fix. It wasn't the same model as your pictures show though.

There does seem to be a split in the outer plastic in your middle picture, but that could be by design.

Edited by AliMcLeod

17 minutes ago, AliMcLeod said:

Does the actual shower dial temperature control still turn by hand? I've had a Mira shower break in the past, but it was the bit of plastic that connects the front cover dial to the the main unit control that had cracked - buying a new front cover was a simple fix. It wasn't the same model as your pictures show though.

There does seem to be a split in the outer plastic in your middle picture, but that could be by design.

Hey

Yeah it turns by hand manually but is very stiff.

I'm guessing that plastic 'washer' in the last photo is physically part of the handle and has snapped off.

41 minutes ago, pocster said:

Hey

Yeah it turns by hand manually but is very stiff.

I'm guessing that plastic 'washer' in the last photo is physically part of the handle and has snapped off.

Yup, i remember it being pretty stiff to too - had to give it a good grip (stop sniggering at the back!). Try fit the bits back together to see if it can be fixed. I first superglued mine, and it lasted another couple of months but then went again, so I got a bought a whole front cover from ebay - around £20 from memory.

Edited by AliMcLeod

2 hours ago, AliMcLeod said:

Yup, i remember it being pretty stiff to too - had to give it a good grip (stop sniggering at the back!). Try fit the bits back together to see if it can be fixed. I first superglued mine, and it lasted another couple of months but then went again, so I got a bought a whole front cover from ebay - around £20 from memory.

Bloody crappy plastic! ; why can't they spend the extra penny and make that bit metal?

I'll just buy another front panel I think.

Cheers

Ordered a new front panel for around £24 - works perfectly. Though as I installed it a black plastic toothed 'wheel' fell out the old unit. Can't see where it goes but it seems to work fine. Always the way isn't it - a 'spare part' materialises out of then air..... xD