External Door Lintel - 100mm Steel... options?

I only have 100mm to play with to fit a lintel to the underside of my utility room tiny lean to roof. I was going to go for a 6" concrete lintel but I don't have the room. The door is only 840mm wide. Can anyone recommend the type of lintel I need for a solid wall? My Dad said I only need one on the internal skin that supports the roof wall plate.

Do I also need to do structural calculations for building control or will the inspector just agree it's way overkill and not ask. Like I said the roof is TINY!!!

1 minute ago, iSelfBuild said:

Pretty sure all the ones posted are not sufficient, you need a few course of brick above for them to be effective?

Two questions ..

- what is above the lintel..?

- are the joists parallel to or landing on the lintel ..?

will help to advise the correct choice .  

Above the lintel will be a timber wall plate, it looks like 3x2 or something (not crashed it out yet) the rafters go directly onto it.

See the picture attached. All though the door will go virtually up to the gutter.

Kitchen_Door.jpg

4 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

The thinner 100mm concrete prestressed lintel will be way overkill. No load on that at all

Yup. It's a no brainer. 100mm bearing ( overhang ) each side and Roberts your Mothers Brother. You could quite happily get away with a timber head tbh, it's really doing nowt.