Pillar drills

pudding

Got a Rexon bench drill that lives at work and thats really good

At home the weapon of choice is a 350W Rolson cheapo, by Christ has it done some work! I treat it as a portable tool! No guard anymore and the NVR switch died so I had to cobble one up with a spare enclosure, 230V contactor and couple of buttons (simple hold on circuit). I've drilled 6mm st/st plate with a 70mm Starrett before on it.

20170623_162415

I've also got this Ajax 3 phase bad boy given to me as a set of parts. It was apparently intact but the previous owner took it apart with the intent of converting to single phase but never did. Appears to be all there. 

20170623_162616

(Yes my garage is like my mind !)

• Like 1

Every day without my shed is another day where I can't sit alone with my accumulated largely worthless but important-to-me crap that I'm storing in a rental unit. Only real valuable stuff are our RC cars, and I'm wondering if a year or more for the fully balance charged Lipos may have been too long. Hopefully they've survived.........but knowing my luck :/

I need my shed at home. ?

On 23 June 2017 at 16:44, Onoff said:

Got a Rexon bench drill that lives at work and thats really good

At home the weapon of choice is a 350W Rolson cheapo, by Christ has it done some work! I treat it as a portable tool! No guard anymore and the NVR switch died so I had to cobble one up with a spare enclosure, 230V contactor and couple of buttons (simple hold on circuit). I've drilled 6mm st/st plate with a 70mm Starrett before on it.

20170623_162415

I am going to regret asking this, but what's the knackered tea tray on top for?

43 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I am going to regret asking this, but what's the knackered tea tray on top for?

It's a handy parts holder, somewhere to put the chuck key, cutting compound, various bits and occasional mug of TEA if I'm lucky! 

Bit of a biatch to change speeds with it but then for most stuff I do one speed suits all! :)