bath tap holes

Hi - advice please.  we are on the point of ordering a trojan bath (as recommended on this site) and I need to know whether to order one with two holes for taps or none.  is there a set distance between the tap holes as we are getting the taps from a different supplier?  I dont want to get the bath and taps and find they dont fit the holes.......

Also has anyone had dealings with QS Supplies as their price for the bath looks very competitive.

Thanks in advance.

Get bath with tap holes ready drilled ;)

All come at standard centres for deck fillers so you won't go wrong :). Drilling baths is a dangerous game and I still don't look forward to doing it even now. 

Some pics of how I fitted a bath today ;)

Batten on first, Sikaflex EBT and screws, then a generous bead of same on batten tops and the wall where the bath makes contact with it. 

More goop to fill any void from the top and then use a plastic packer / spreader to shape it into a 'liquid up-stand' as shown. Clean off any excess with wet wipes and leave to cure. IMG_5769.thumb.JPG.70dc86d03e49385d25d86a0265be579d.JPGIMG_5770.thumb.JPG.78d45aa9375ee7f223a3c67ba6af6c7c.JPGIMG_5771.thumb.JPG.a01d3af20c9863ee9ec7abe7abf85f89.JPGIMG_5773.thumb.JPG.a0db1e186871ef46ee01ef52c623a2e9.JPG 

?

Cheers - I'll get it ordered!  thought as much but its nice to have it confirmed.  The OH is out of action for a while as he was knocked off his bike during the week so i didnt want to bother him.  he's really pi**ed off as the weather is gorgous and he's not getting to enjoy any of it. I shall show him your photo's and make sure we do the same.  :D

55 minutes ago, TheMitchells said:

Also has anyone had dealings with QS Supplies as their price for the bath looks very competitive.

Great if everything turns up .... customer service and after sales used to be shocking ...

i was sweating buckets and dithering over REDRILLING my bath holes. Because the taps are against the wall and forever more inaccessible without taking the bath out (which I have allowed for tbh) I found a "quick release" kit but it needs slightly larger than normal holes. My magic Starrett in a Starrett invention to the rescue:

2016-12-08_10-17-14

SAM_4740

SAM_4741

SAM_4742

You can just see the Allen grub screw that locks the tap into the groove in the fixed boss:

20161215_151939

18mm marine ply with lashings of Sikaflex and a st/st two hole plate I made from a door kick plate:

20161210_143445

I wanted this Vado set but was overruled:

2016-12-29_07-43-27

:(

Edited by Onoff

3 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

@Onoff

Are the quick change tap thingys universal fitting? Never saw them until you showed them off. :) Any chance of a link ? 

Standard 2 hole tap centres. Screws onto standard 3/4" BSP tails:

This is the original link where I got them from:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/222134448329?_mwBanner=1

Cassellie is the brand. BEF001 the part number.

Cheaper here than what I paid:

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

Cheers. There's nothing not to like about those just as long as you can reduce the pipe size to 15mm? Some gravity fed systems may not like that as the flow would be reduced. How do you find yours, or have you not tried it yet lol ? :ph34r::D

Yep it works and in fairly frequent use if you don't mind a bath in a building site!

It's alright but can't tell if the slightly erratic flow is down to the cheap Bristan tap set or what's feeding it. Mile long run with a 25gal tank (above the 1st floor ceiling) feeding the cold to the bath (ground floor) and providing the head to the hot water cylinder (above the ground floor ceiling). Capacity just isn't really there and runs out quickly and gets airlocked. Bath is so big for a start.

20170618_101939

Yeah I know, TS / UVC / oil combi... :)

At least I managed to find some tiles that look like marine ply & plasterboard! ;)