Worst blog ever..

Trw144

10 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Now your just showing off. :D

I still chuckle when I read the title of this thread :)

Had to wash and wax the garage door yesterday - I left the Tiler's abusive messages in the dust on the door during the build, but even after several washes you could still make them out!! Needed some car polish/wax to finally get rid of them.

• 2 months later...

Its been a while since I added anything to this blog, but we ve just had some professional pics back (our timber frame supplier wanted to do a case study).... so I thought I may as well add them here...

Its also a nice reminder for me to see what the house would look like if I did nt have a 4 and 6 year old.

Front.jpg

Hallway.jpg

Kitchen lounge.jpg

Kitchen.jpg

Kitchen1.jpg

Kitchen2.jpg

Stairs.jpg

Landing down.jpg

Edited by Trw144
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

The stairs are fantastic. 

I can still recall the pre kids days where i put something down and it was still there 3 days later ?  Not so any more. Both daughters ( 6&9 ) came downstairs accusing each other of losing my bedroom smart tv remote ( so they can watch more bloody YouTube ) which still remains outstanding ?

Keep the pics and use them against the kids, telling them "santa will be delayed until the house looks like these photos, chop chop !" ? 

2 minutes ago, jamiehamy said:

Loving that big kitchen table - do you know the sizes and brand?

It was a guy who builds them bespoke so you can order to any size to suit. There are a few options on the concrete finish, and any ral colour on the legs.

Here is a link to his Houzz website...

https://www.houzz.co.uk/pro/danielpolishedconcrete/daniel-polished-concrete

8 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

The stairs are fantastic. 

I can still recall the pre kids days where i put something down and it was still there 3 days later ?  Not so any more. Both daughters ( 6&9 ) came downstairs accusing each other of losing my bedroom smart tv remote ( so they can watch more bloody YouTube ) which still remains outstanding ?

Keep the pics and use them against the kids, telling them "santa will be delayed until the house looks like these photos, chop chop !" ? 

I just don't understand why they need toys in literally every room as well as their playroom and bedrooms.

2 minutes ago, Trw144 said:

It was a guy who builds them bespoke so you can order to any size to suit. There are a few options on the concrete finish, and any ral colour on the legs.

Here is a link to his Houzz website...

https://www.houzz.co.uk/pro/danielpolishedconcrete/daniel-polished-concrete

Thanks - shared link with hubby - confident we'll be ditching the Ikea table - polished concrete you say :) 

3 minutes ago, jamiehamy said:

Thanks - shared link with hubby - confident we'll be ditching the Ikea table - polished concrete you say :) 

They use one of these micro-skim coats to give a polished concrete look, onto an wooden frame (mdf I think it is). Either way it weighs a bloody ton.

I had thought about attempting it myself as I ve seen the micro skim concrete effect stuff at a few self build exhibitions.

36 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Just to keep this thread fully informative, and on topic.....SWMBO found the remote in the wardrobe. :S

? Panic over everyone. 

Thanks for the heads up - was just turning onto the M4 to help the search. Somehow my six sky/tv remotes have all migrated to my bedsite cabinet but I think I m culpable of that one.

• Like 1

On 22/11/2017 at 07:17, Barney12 said:

Fantastic pictures. Did you use an interior designer or is one of you blessed with a eye for design and style?

No, no interior designer. We did use a lighting designer which I m glad we did, as we did a lot more feature lighting this way. My wife buys the bits for the house so I guess I should credit her for that. A lot of it is just gradually picking up nice pieces over the last year since moving in - we ve found quite a few nice bits in Homesense (they seem to have lots of one off type things)

Edited by Trw144

On 22/11/2017 at 14:01, Ferdinand said:

I love the stylised picture of the Buildhub logo in the hall.

We bought that item just before we moved in - we felt had a great meaning with us as a family (of pebbles!), the house, and the year we built it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ve just got around to expansion foaming around the pipe work in the garage where they had to hack the air tightness membrane for the plumbing pipes. Will check it again once it has expanded and see if any gaps remain. Be interesting to see how much difference it makes - I reckon t must have constituted a good square foot. 

Just had to take a meter reading for my gas - I ve used 1900kwh in the last five weeks so pretty pleased with that. I know that’s enough for some of you to heat your house for probably a year, but I m quite happy with £2 a day for heating and hot water for 300m2 house (more like £1.50 if I get my ass into gear and change supplier).

47 minutes ago, Moira Niedzwiecka said:

Fab house.

We would have loved to build something like it. Sadly in a conservation area & were restricted.

What is the interior wall cladding on the stairs?

Hi, they are metallic finished tiles. I think the Tiler’s cursed a lot when they had to cut them around the stair treads!