Another From The North Of Ireland (and a hell of a lot more information and self-build chat.)

Guest Alphonsox

aye

He is starting in the sun-room and working his way round.

Then once the main roof is done put scaffolding around the sun-room and tackle that roof.

Garage will likely be done then also.  There is scaffolding inside the garage at the minute but the peaks aren't finished.  will have to take it down anyway as it'll be needed for the house.

Truss crowd are taking the piss at the minute.  They have measured up twice (made a mistake first time)  and now they wont' go into production until they get sign off on the design and measure up again.

Took 3 weeks to get them out to measure the last time.

And now I have all this money sitting waiting and I might just go and buy something silly!

Murdock's rep came out and measured mine twice and was calling in saying he could beat Lowdens for price on materials. Let him price the roof up and phoned twice but never got a call back so they got a f off from me. Did you price Ats in Portadown that's who done mine or Quinn building supplies near Cookstown.

44 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Wait till you go to tile the roof. It's always a sunny day and the heat of the tiles is unreal. 

I certainly didn't have that problem when I tiled mine in December and January.

My trainers were melting on the roof. It was a scorcher the day I started. 

Yeah true but this is near 3 weeks running that the big yellow thing has been shinning bright. Watched the forked lightening out the back last night. Was like Florida with the sky lit up.

We got quote of 830 for our spraying, 3 stories. 2 floors is 3100sq ft, not sure of the total including roof space. Fella from Banbridge, kinda taking a chance, just heard of one other person about that used him and was happy. I have sliders email by the way. Pm me if you want it.

34 minutes ago, Shell820810 said:

We got quote of 830 for our spraying, 3 stories. 2 floors is 3100sq ft, not sure of the total including roof space. Fella from Banbridge, kinda taking a chance, just heard of one other person about that used him and was happy. I have sliders email by the way. Pm me if you want it.

Banbrige, thats great he won't be far from me.

Even just drop him an email to see if he knows about the new forum. Or you can PM me his address.

Thanks

I think my paint bill just materials for my mine, 2500 sqft, was just under £400. That's all the paint for the walls, all the skirting and the Danish for the doors and stairs. Took me 2 weeks and It was the most hateful mind numbing job I done during the build.

So your price would be a winner esp as he has a gd drive to get to you.

On 07/06/2016 at 17:04, DeeJunFan said:

Thanks,  I have emailed them both so just wait and see what they come back with.

I sent them the truss design so it should be fairly easy for them to price it.

We also found Roof Truss Solutions in Carrickfergus to be competitively priced and very helpful on the phone.

Alright, would anyone have any suggestions/experience with flat roof installers/suppliers in NI.  Thinking of Fibreglass GRP but happy to take on any recommendations.

It’s for a ground floor sun room.

I know some people aren’t too keen of flat roofs due to the fact they can leak, but there is a window on the 1st floor behind it that we couldn’t have the window if it were a pitched roof.

thanks

Michele got a flat roof done on her build so she would know more about it.

Could you move the window over to avoid the ridge or have 2 narrow Windows either side. Don't like flat roofs as they are very expensive and unless a lot of care and attention to detail is taken they will leak.

cheers, I'll wait and see if she gets a chance to reply.

I think we are going to keep it as a flat roof but it is a good suggestion having 2 windows either side of the ridge.