Door threshold masonry levels

BadgerBadger

Struggling to get my head around what level the outer masonry should be brought up to under my door thresholds - any insights?

We're aiming for low/flush thresholds on majority of our entrance doors and patio doors, likely Rationel, but not fully decided.  Should the outer leaf masonry be brought to match finished floor level, or should it be left slightly lower down? 

The door threshold will sit on the masonry or a cill, which in turn will be on the masonry.  Make sure that your internal finished floor level is lower than any inward opening doors.  Sometimes, with a bit too much screed, some timber flooring and some miscalculations and there can be quite a workaround.

3 hours ago, Canski said:

On many sites we leave the top course of engineerings off under bifolds and the window fitters sort out a level access threshold. 

I have the same question for my patio doors.

So if you leave a course off which is 75mm but if the threshold is say 35mm deep what would you make up the 40mm  ?
Is it a case of cutting the engineering bricks lengthwise 

10 hours ago, Chanmenie said:

I have the same question for my patio doors.

So if you leave a course off which is 75mm but if the threshold is say 35mm deep what would you make up the 40mm  ?
Is it a case of cutting the engineering bricks lengthwise 

Yes either sun the course of leave 2 courses off and replace with a brick on edge. That should leave you 38 mm down.