wet room with liquid screed

On holidays and swmbo announces that she fancies a wet room style shower for the en-suite as she likes the one in the hotel.

I have read @Nickfromwales detailed post re tanking and formers.

Any idea how this would be done on ground floor when I'm intending to use liquid screed for FFL.

I hope my builder knows as I was just discussing the exact same thing with my architect today.

We will be using wet room formers and have liquid screed which goes down in two weeks.

I understand that they shutter off the area for the former, but after speaking to the architect about that it dawned on me that the former is thinner than the liquid screed and so how do they lift it up to the same level whilst keeping a firm base to tile onto.

This is exacerbated in my build because there will be insulation under the screed, so how do you lay the former on top of the screed.

I imagine they could build up the level with sheets of marine ply but I am not clear how that can be laid securely over the insulation.

I am sure @Nickfromwales will enlighten us rather than me wildly guessing.

Edited by AliG

We've got a wet room downstairs. Our floor slab is concrete but what the guys did was make a former out of EPS, pour the concrete and then push the eps into the concrete and weighted it down with a few concrete blocks. Then finished round it.

The plan is to then just chip/dig out the EPS, leaving the required recess for the shower former,

We also have a boxed former. (Made from OSB) which creates the required space and depth for the waste. 

+1 to what @Barney12 said. 

EPS former, concrete bricks or similar glued to the base insulation with foam and then let the former settle onto them. Weigh it down with a few blocks and job done. 

If you make a hole in the former using a bucket with its base cut out then it cuts through the former and into the base insulation and forms a neat hole around the drain. 

9 hours ago, Barney12 said:

We've got a wet room downstairs. Our floor slab is concrete but what the guys did was make a former out of EPS, pour the concrete and then push the eps into the concrete and weighted it down with a few concrete blocks. Then finished round it.

The plan is to then just chip/dig out the EPS, leaving the required recess for the shower former,

We also have a boxed former. (Made from OSB) which creates the required space and depth for the waste. 

My work here is done. ?