Ideas for securing panels between ceiling joists please?

Feeling rather uninspired, hoping for some group thinking...

I have a vaulted ceiling with 150mm depth joists on 400mms centres, with OSB on top of the joists supporting EWI and roofing. I'd like to keep the beam-like look of the joists after fitting the internal 70mm insulation, and have landed on wood wool panels fixed between the joists. These should help with acoustics and fit in with the general rustic cabin feel of the building.

The challenge is keeping enough of the joists' depth exposed. The panels are 12\15mm, that only leaves say 65mm to play with. 

the easiest fixing would be to just run battons along the joists below the insu!ation. But how could I fix the 600x1200 wood wool boards in a way that keeps that 65mm? I'm trying to avoid extra work by e.g. Rebating battons into the insulation layer

(Also, am I stupid for using wood wool panels in this way. Is there a better alternative)

Regards

Glenn

Possibly secret screwing at 45 degree angle into joists?? And then seal between joist edge and edge of Wood Wool?? Alternatively, stick to underside of the 70mm insulation (what keeps that up?) and or seal edges.

They seem to have good acoustics....  probably quite helpful with a vaulted ceiling.

That as good as I have I'm afraid. Good luck

M

By EWI do really mean external roof insulation?  Or something else.

Are you building a hybrid roof? If so have you done an interstitial condensation calculation?

If you panel over the whole lot, then add additional wood below.  All would be secure, knowing everything is held in place correctly and you will end up with the same effect.

I think if your not careful something could land on your head in 10 years time.

Many thanks all for your thoughts. Just to clarify: yes by EWI I meant a layer of insulation sitting on top of the osb. Yes Siga did the condensation calculations for the vapour barrier to be where it is. No I’m not using the wood wool board for insulation, nor is it a cowshed

will see what’s possible with angled fixing

Regards

Glenn

Edited by Glenn

Have you consider just using adhesive to stick them up there? I don't know what would be best. 

Something that sprung to mind is fire regs with exposed joists. Again no idea what the gospel is here either