I’m doing this !

Pocster

46 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

I have always fancied getting one of those medical school skeletons and burying it in a sand dune.

Then let it slowly expose in the weather.

Next two weeks will be ideal time to do it.

You are thoughtful.

What about some acidic fruit near the top to encourage pitting, further down a satchel (fibre of your choice) with artefacts from different corners of the world.. and right at the bottom (assuming you are going to bury it standing) a Timex watch.. made in Dundee?

1 hour ago, pocster said:

It’s all a bit like my shower tray . Underneath on the supporting boards I painted “  @Nickfromwales was here ; buildhub.com “ . So when it leaks tomorrow from a dodgy solvent weld joint, the plumber will know who to blame .

'Nuff said.

12 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

I have always fancied getting one of those medical school skeletons and burying it in a sand dune.

Then let it slowly expose in the weather.

Next two weeks will be ideal time to do it.

Those skeletons are very convincing indeed. Until ......

I've had a couple of fingers amputated. Each time I asked the surgeon for the sawn off finger, quite properly he refused. But, he saw potential in  the joke I had planned.

So he suggested I go to the lab technician and ask for a 'finger' from a skeleton. When I explained what I wanted to do with it, the technician happily took a finger off, wrapped it in medical cotton wool (yellow stuff) gave me a specimen jar and sent me on my jolly way.  The digit was beautiful - very delicate and detailed. 

Cue the next visit to my local: left hand deeply wrapped in bandages, right hand clutching the specimen jar.

'Ya got that finger then didya?

Yeah.

Popped the sample jar on the bar. Pint arrives. More mates crowd round.  Publican bites first ....

"Well bloody open it then ...... "

Top off. 

Yellow cotton wool roll slides out.  I winced in fake pain. Quick sip

"Sure you wanna see this boys its a bit gruesome ....."

Nods all round

One handed, I unroll the cotton wool: perfect timing  - the plastic finger tinkles onto the highly polished counter .

Plink.

Everyone presses forward

Publican faints

Followed by a general roaring 

Didn't work with the second amputation. Ah well.

2 hours ago, Onoff said:

'Nuff said.

Or.....

Many years from now new owner decides to replace shower. Plumber takes up tray and says what a fantastic , incredible , professional job. Nick gets all the praise and not me.....

• Like 1