Bath Surround / Boxing In, and concealed pipework

22 minutes ago, CC45 said:

but now is the time it all comes together & you get all the praise - what's wrong?  Are you worried about being bored when its done?

I have that many plans and projects I will be dead before they're done barring a big Lotto win. I'd like to have enough money to be able to stay at home and do everything I want to myself but above all not to have to compromise.

Renew the house roof, knock thru lounge diner, kitchen floor 4" too high, boiler room / conservatory floor even higher, knock down & rebuild stable, convert truss rafter garage roof for storage, redo various drain runs around the house, drop overhead outbuilding cabling into trenches, landscaping, garden room etc.

Dunno, had a wobble tonight, multiple family & £££ worries I guess! Not helped by 4 ish hours sleep for the last 4 nights. Kipped on the sofa for a bit just and now clutching a can of cider. I'm doing nothing tonight.

I don't know how I missed this last night but it was gone 12 and I can't have been seeing straight! :( Up at 5 etc. With hindsight! 

20180809_212602

I'll probably just leave it and live with it. Did think about trying to shave a mm off.

Edited by Onoff

No one but you will notice.  Stop the torture.  If anyone notices just say the tile had a fault and that youbhad to use it or run out.

I have feelings of being overwhelmed sometimes, they pass and the building continues.

So...

Casting our minds back to June 2015...

SAM_1145

This white plastic 22mm pipe is the diversion of the, single, 3/4" nominal bore pipe that runs the down stairs CH. Shortly I need to "tap into" it to feed the bathroom UFH loop and ideally towel rad.

Bathroom is to the right of the photo.

Edited by Onoff

Whilst we're still dithering over tile grout I'm going to get the bath boxed back in. All my drawcords are in for the plinth lights. I've hoovered out under the bath as much as I can too not that there's anything under there really.

Just got to put this whirlpool bath air valve back in. There wasn't any form of sealant on it before under the white plastic rim. Wondering about the tiniest bead of silicon, clear CT1 or even Jet Blue?

20180812_100650.thumb.jpg.f868325d2319d6a25ce93ea3cb2f49aa.jpg

4 minutes ago, Onoff said:

No, Nick just fits them. Hudson Reed. Come very well packaged, clear instructions and 10 or is it 20? year g'tee. British made I think too. @ProDave has one, I do too.

Yes I have 2 (only one fitted so far)

The flow rate is so good, I am astounded at how quick SWMBO has a shower now. She says it is so quick to rinse the shampoo out of her hair, that used to take ages in the old shower.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ProDave said:

OUCH  £90.46 when I ordered mine, now £174.97.  Cue someone to Brexit.

Cheapest so far. Plus £6.50 postage but with 5% off using AUG5 code.

https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/hudson-reed-reign-triple-concealed-thermostatic-shower-valve-square-plate-rei3211?

Note for whoever is interested they do both a squared off and radiussed plate.

British bathrooms do a price match.  From my limited research they seem cheapest for most Hudson Reed stuff - worth checkng if you are buying other stuff at the same time

Edited by Hecateh

1 minute ago, Hecateh said:

British bathrooms do a price match.  From my limited research they seem cheapest for most Hudson Reed stuff

Didn't you get the same HR rainfall head I did but from somewhere else?

I had it on my list - but that was way back before BB threw a huge spanner in the works.  

I should have been in May / June.  Still not there.  Hopefully not too much longer although trying to do it (organise individual trades and buy materials) myself when I don't have any idea what I'm doing is proving challenging - very challenging.  Still looking at that shower head but much more expensive now.  Maybe settling for a smaller one!

Making compromises with most things

4 minutes ago, Hecateh said:

I had it on my list - but that was way back before BB threw a huge spanner in the works.  

I should have been in May / June.  Still not there.  Hopefully not too much longer although trying to do it (organise individual trades and buy materials) myself when I don't have any idea what I'm doing is proving challenging - very challenging.  Still looking at that shower head but much more expensive now.  Maybe settling for a smaller one!

Making compromises with most things

It was here I got mine:

https://www.wayfair.co.uk/diy-plumbing/hd0/30cm-round-fixed-shower-head-l7183-k~hdz1251.html?

I bought 3 of these

http://www.britishbathroomcompany.co.uk/showers/concealed-shower-valves/reign-thermostatic-shower-valve-1581

They were about 70 each from memory - they have gone up a lot.

Just bought a bath from bathstore321 - good prices.

All the other stuff (4 toilets, 3 basins & taps, bath tap) just ordered from victorian plumbing - asked for more discount (order was £2200) and got another 7% off.  No hesitation either, but woulnd give more than that.

Worth shopping around and being cheeky.