Bath Surround / Boxing In, and concealed pipework

55 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Oddly enough I remember my mate spending the whole of his first week's wages years ago as a plumbing apprentice on Royal Dutch lager at the local offy! 

I actually found a good one last night, it was a mittenwalder jäger dunkel. 

My local pub when I lived in Cornwall (as in 100 yds away) was the Blue Anchor in Helston.  They've brewed their own beer there for hundreds of years, and their ordinary bitter ("middle" to the locals) is around 5% ABV.  The idiot emmets (holiday makers) almost always came in an asked for a pint of special, which is around 6.5%, but can be as high as 7.5% at bank holidays.  It was fun watching them come in on a hot day, especially on a bank holiday when the "extra" special was on, drink two or three pints and then fall over...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Only had a can of Fosters today as run out of anything decent :( I actually topped it off with 7-Up!

Back on thread...

The errant, diagonal soil pipe now goes through a right angle.

20180519_154748

This going left to right is a bit steep at about 2.3 degrees:

20180519_154825

Whereas the one off to the right is too shallow at about half a degree:

20180519_160615

Bring the joint up higher by packing underneath should fix both issues.

But at least I can now sort/ tap into the existing pumped shower feeds

2018-05-19_04-26-27

• Like 1

A bit steep. ? It's spot on mate. 

Now picture yourself as a turd....you get flushed from the ensuite....

The way you now have that run set up means there is no stall point ( eg no flow into the back of a flat branch ) so is as good as it can get.

Let us know what the BCO said ;)

4 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

A bit steep. ? It's spot on mate. 

Now picture yourself as a turd....you get flushed from the ensuite....

The way you now have that run set up means there is no stall point ( eg no flow into the back of a flat branch ) so is as good as it can get.

Let us know what the BCO said ;)

“ picture yourself as a turd “ ???????

Rescuing the chat from here....

....before it gets to the point where everyones dizzy. 

Bathroom here and the worlds first motorised, bluetooth, wifi, sonar, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrified but not simplified shower head over there. ;) 

Excellent save :S 

• Like 1

Is it ok to butt a copper T straight up against an elbow like this?

2018-05-20_08-59-48

Should keep things neat and allow easy feeding from the bottom later.

EDIT: Won't 15mm be OK? As in for now we might have to have one shower on at a time but later on I can just feed each shower from point of source (TS or UVC) with no teeing off.

Btw I'm intending using these for isolation:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/pegler-ball-valve-blue-15mm/11085

Edited by Onoff

'Turning' the T piece is going to be a pain later - cant you tweak the design so the incoming h2o for both hot an cold comes in on the vertical and then both existing and proposed feeds come in on a horizontal run.  When you upgrade - cut through the old supply and connect to the new one.  Will sketch a pic if necessary tomorrow.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CC45 said:

'Turning' the T piece is going to be a pain later - cant you tweak the design so the incoming h2o for both hot an cold comes in on the vertical and then both existing and proposed feeds come in on a horizontal run.  When you upgrade - cut through the old supply and connect to the new one.  Will sketch a pic if necessary tomorrow.

The incoming hot and cold comes in vertically at the Ts, either from above where the feeds are now or from below maybe later on.

I mean to turn both assemblies with the T in through 180 degrees...

Sketch pls of what you mean! :)

Edited by Onoff

44 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

I know what @CC45 means but it's pointless worrying now as the tees will need to be 22mm later, unless your not going to bother with upgrading the feeds from 15mm ? 

I don't, waiting for the sketch! xD

If you mean I need to redo this lot in 22mm that's going to be tiled over then it's a non starter!

20180421_180610

Surely though I can just feed each shower in 15mm direct from the TS/UVC manifold later so there's no splitting of the supply? Distances will be approx 10m from "UVC" location to downstairs shower mixer and 7m from "UVC" to the ensuite mixer.

I am going to start to replace the incoming 15mm mains in 22 shortly btw ready to feed a UVC/TS. It's the one parallel & to the right of the soil. I'll at least get it to that ball valve by the branch:

20180520_110435

Edited by Onoff

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Surely though I can just feed each shower in 15mm direct from the TS/UVC manifold later so there's no splitting of the supply? D

If you've said that already and I missed it then I'll not shout loudly at my iPhone with "thanks for telling us !" as that means you already know you'll be altering it to single radial runs which makes the 15's tees subject obsolete. :S

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

If you mean I need to redo this lot in 22mm that's going to be tiled over then it's a non starter!

Are you drinking in the day or what ? :D

No, I don't mean pull all that out after you've tiled.....I'd have a bloody contract taken out on me if I suggested that. 

I thought I'd previously said here that runs that terminate at one outlet can be in 15mm, or 15mm to two outlets where they will never normally be open at the same time, eg the bath taps / shower feed and the basin in that room. One occupant at a time = 15mm feeds no problem. Feeds should be 22mm to the attic / other, and then the ensuite tees off the 22mm in 15mm, or you do a manifold arrangement.  

• Thanks 1

Poxy stud  on the left wasn't noggined / dwanged properly! I'd like to try and twist it straight but the other side of this pb wall is the tiled shower enclosure.

2018-05-22_06-28-22

Granted that it will all eventually be redone but it's already twisted away from the pb:

20180522_163016

20180522_162936

It's 350mm between faces of studs but more 355/360 at the front:

20180522_181827

Luckily I have BEER!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CC45 said:

not an artist but I guess this is understandable?

IMG_2895.thumb.JPG.88c7510defe8829474d42327094daf00.JPG

Thanks. I see want you mean now. Tbh though, like toilet paper I'm on a roll! :)

2018-05-22_06-50-30

SWMBO happy enough to have one shower going at a time for now. There's not the cws or hot cylinder capacity anyway for two simultaneous showers.

5 minutes ago, Onoff said:

SWMBO happy enough to have one shower going at a time for now. There's not the cws or hot cylinder capacity anyway for two simultaneous showers.

You can always double up you know ;) . 2 for 1 as it were :D

• Like 1