Bath Surround / Boxing In, and concealed pipework

1 minute ago, Nickfromwales said:

In a nutshell yup. 

That way the junk that used to be in your trunk never stalls. I thought the Y would be better up on the top horizontal but whichever suits the location of bog #3 really. 

Cheers. That didn't take long did it? :ph34r:

Further down the line I'd like to add ensuites to the others bedrooms so it'll be a repeat...twice.

The "can I drill a 110mm hole through the web of the RSJ that runs under the centre of the dormer" questions can wait for another time! :D

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Cheers. That didn't take long did it? :ph34r:

Further down the line I'd like to add ensuites to the others bedrooms so it'll be a repeat...twice.

The "can I drill a 110mm hole through the web of the RSJ that runs under the centre of the dormer" questions can wait for another time! :D

If you plate it then yes. ?

14 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

If you plate it then yes. ?

.... with 25mm laser cut steel with an intricate water jet pattern designed in autocad to mm precision ......

Not sure I like Aqua Panel...

For small, intricate bits like these pockets it's dusty, a bit like working with /cutting PIR. Makes you cough. Reminds me of dusty,  crushed glass. Thin strips seem to want to crack. (Big pieces are fine to fit).

Two out of three pockets done at least and EBT'd & screwed in place. 

I rushed the deeper one on the left last night and have a bit of a bulge in the right hand side. The mosaic will need a sliver off to fit. 

20180502_220033

On the shallow pocket on the right hand side the wall behind the pocket tapers. There's a finger thickness gap one side between the back of the Aqua Panel and face of the PIR, tapering to nothing on the right hand side.

20180502_220114

Compared to the rhs pocket, the one on the left could do with a few more screws by the look of things!  Hate to see your standards drop when its all so close to finishing?

6 minutes ago, CC45 said:

Compared to the rhs pocket, the one on the left could do with a few more screws by the look of things!  Hate to see your standards drop when its all so close to finishing?

Yep, ran out last night so need to revisit to achieve the max 200mm ctrs Knauf recommend.

;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At least the two corner pockets are level!

20180504_184608

20180504_184620

3rd pocket tomorrow hopefully.

Going to loosely put the blue lights in to see how they look. This bearing in mind they're  (cheap) deck lights not proper downlights. Pita having two different pocket depths. Not much in it but going to position from the back face of the pocket so that hopefully the light arcs will look symmetrical either side of the mitre.

Photos don't do the lights justice. For £4.99 for the 10, IP6* I'm well happy.

20180504_200657

20180504_200814

Need to twist each fitting when finally in so the 3 LEDs in each are all orientated the same way ref the spread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newhome said:

Love how you've got the shower gel lined up ready! :D 

I thought it'd make a change from the usual beer bottle, can or glass... :ph34r:

Waiting for 110mm soil fitting to re-jig things in the loft so I can do the shower feeds. Thought I'd do the 3rd pocket. To the left of the one with the glue  bottles on.

Directly above the Geberit wc frame, the studs either side are at about 505mm between faces.

20180505_110606

The Aqua Panel (on 9mm ply) has to be lowered along the cut line (scissors) and the timber the calculator and tape are sitting on lowered & reinstated. That timber is affixed with x2 6x100 screws either end and Gorilla glue. It WON'T I'm sure come out without a fight. This came about as we'd not decided on the tile layout or even how many pockets or where. 

20180505_112314

A bit of pb one side and Aqua Panel off cut the other, I need to pack either side out by nom 40mm.

20180505_112356

I've some lengths of 140x20 softwood found stored in the garage roof space which I'm going to use as packing on some battens. Must be over 20 years old. As dry as a bone but no apparent rot and straight as a die. I didn't really want to but will give these a coat of clear wood preserver before the "box" I make from them goes in.

20180505_112442

Quite impressed with the Parkside sabre saw blade from Lidl. The long bi-metal one went through the 6mm Goldscrews with relative ease and didn't destroy the blade!

20180505_130048

A quick multi tool run across the front guided by a screwed on batten and out the piece comes:

20180505_132620

How do you add those tablets(?) to the cistern on a Geberit? Seems a huge faff to have to take off and do it through the flush plate! 

I was thinking I could add a "dosing" tube from the pocket shelf into the top of the cistern. Much like I've done with the odour take off pipe:

2018-05-05_01-55-32

8 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

I think geberit make a specific block drop flush plate. ;)

Cheers. But...I won't be buying one! :)

SWMBO informs me she doesn't add "blue" stuff to the cistern but sometimes bleach. She CLEANS the bowls and adds blue stuff there. I was informed of this with the hint that I moight try cleaning the loos occasionally. Amazing, I always thought a fairy did it!

So I'm thinking a tube (not 20mm conduit of course) coming up from a boss:

20180505_144936

That pokes thru the timber and comes out thru the tile somehow where there's a little removable cap. I'd probably have something spun out of 316 stainless (rather than a Cobra cap):

20180505_145058

6 hours ago, Onoff said:

How do you add those tablets(?) to the cistern on a Geberit? Seems a huge faff to have to take off and do it through the flush plate! 

DO NOT USE BLEACH OR “BLUU” TABLETS IN A GEBERIT CISTERN..!!!!

Have I got your attention now..??

Good... the flush blocks will rot the silicone seal in the flush tube which makes them start to leak. Those things are the devil - if you must use something, make it a rim flush or use the stick on gel flower things .... 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

DO NOT USE BLEACH OR “BLUU” TABLETS IN A GEBERIT CISTERN..!!!!

Have I got your attention now..??

Good... the flush blocks will rot the silicone seal in the flush tube which makes them start to leak. Those things are the devil - if you must use something, make it a rim flush or use the stick on gel flower things .... 

Suitably admonished! :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Ferdinand said:

For some reason I keep wanting to yell PARKLIFE! at this thread.

No idea why.

Because of all the habitual voyeurs?

EDIT: That's odd, must be my writing style but it seems to fit the Parklife music. You weren't drinking the same Polish beer that I was last night?

"SWMBO informs me she doesn't add "blue" stuff to the cistern but sometimes bleach.

She CLEANS the bowls and adds blue stuff there.

I was informed of this with the hint that I might try cleaning the loos occasionally.

Amazing, I always thought a fairy did it!

All the people
So many people
They all go hand in hand
Hand in hand through their parklife"

:)

Edited by Onoff
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Thinking...

Turn on the shower valve for the rainfall head. Flow to the head operates a 15mm flow switch, one of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/332534595956?

The flow switch is used to trigger the scissor lift mechanism to lower the rainfall head AND brings on a ring of LEDs around the head.

Love it