Bath Surround / Boxing In, and concealed pipework

1 hour ago, Barney12 said:

Its a "klinker free zone" in the @Onoff household.

Of course this entire thread conv is largely academic as the likelihood of it being fitted in this millennium is, well, erm, SLIM!

Keep the faith ;)

He will finish it before I put the last 6 tiles on my bath panel :ph34r:. 3rd year this Xmas. 

God I need a few days off, ( but no work no cash ) ?

10 hours ago, Roundtuit said:

Double, nay, triple check the direction-of-flow arrow.  You don't want your bathroom decorated like a portaloo on a rollercoaster ride.

So from a quick look and connect up it's a 3 speed motor with a "0.18m3/s nominal flow rate". It certainly blows some air out! 

Maybe not for the bog then, don't want the s*** hitting the fan.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Onoff said:

What can I cut 1:10 scale, 400x250 light grey tiles out of then?

Cornflakes box maybe?

:)

B&Q. 6mm ply or MDF.

Free sawing service.

If you do it and provide a Youtube video of B&Q sawing up your 40mm x 25mm tiles, or even 48 x 25mm strips, I'll Paypal you beer to half the cost of the 8x4 sheet of ply.

*Please don't let there be a minimum size on the B&Q sawing service*

F

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

B&Q. 6mm ply or MDF.

Free sawing service.

If you do it and provide a Youtube video of B&Q sawing up your 40mm x 25mm tiles, or even 48 x 25mm strips, I'll Paypal you beer to half the cost of the 8x4 sheet of ply.

*Please don't let there be a minimum size on the B&Q sawing service*

F

50p a cut after the first 4 free cuts :S

Thatll be about £2k worth of cuts. I'll tile it for less :D

12 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

50p a cut after the first 4 free cuts :S

Thatll be about £2k worth of cuts. I'll tile it for less :D

I suppose you could use some of those 12 x 12 mosaic tiles, which must be 25mm x 25mm. I have some of those in the LBB, and I paid about 10p per mini-tile. Hmm.

Last time at B&Q I had 10 cuts without charge.

I must just have a nice looking fizzog.

[Edit: It says 15 free here - new policy:

http://www.trade-point.co.uk/services/timber-cutting/

I see they do MDF in quarter sheet size. So 4 of those into 15 x 40mm slices each can count. 4 separate videos on 4 separate occasions are acceptable.]

[Edit 2

Well, @Onoff, Man or Mouse?]

Edited by Ferdinand

2 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Really?

Last time I had 10 cuts without charge.

I must just have a nice looking fizzog.

My local B&Q is 8 cuts from memory and they’ve never enforced beyond that with me.

I guess they have to have a policy in place to stop abusers of the service (and dodgy looking, limp armed welsh plumbers ;););))

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is actually HELPING me never having done it before!

The plan for the wet room corner, nom 1200x1200, was to have a vertical strip of mosaics to define the wet room corner and break the big grey tiled walls up. I'd also anticipated I might later need to add glass wings to protect the wc / towel rail from shower spray. Thus I put vertical studs behind these strip lines.

20171229_015840

Happy enough with this wall where the wc is going though I'll end up with some slim bits to the left of the wc. Thought it important to put the tiles symmetrical to the wc centre line. This wall will have pockets above the wc and in the wet room area. The shower controls will likely be to the right of the mosaics:

20171229_015854

This wall though, a few issues. As an aside this wall will have no pockets or shower components:

20171229_015942

Slivers up the right hand side and under the window. :( If I lost the mosaic strip and shunted the tiles to the right of the strip right, that would help but I can't really lose the vertical mosaic on the wc wall. I was thinking of cheating and trimming all 4 sides of the window in mosaics.

It could change again if I mitre the corner!

Going to sleep on it.

Edited by Onoff