Bath Surround / Boxing In, and concealed pipework

2 hours ago, Gav_P said:

Coor... look at that lovely insulation in the roof... that must be helping keep that fridge nice and cool! 

Yep, cool in the Summer and 'kin freezing now! When I do get heating in there I won't stop grinning hopefully.

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

Yep, cool in the Summer and 'kin freezing now! When I do get heating in there I won't stop grinning hopefully.

I was thinking about you heating situation, could you rig a temporary loop up with a pump, a willis heater and a small EV? Cheap and simple until you dig up the floor in the other room. It can’t cost more than £100 and take less than a day to get running.

41 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

I was thinking about you heating situation, could you rig a temporary loop up with a pump, a willis heater and a small EV? Cheap and simple until you dig up the floor in the other room. It can’t cost more than £100 and take less than a day to get running.

You draw it, I'll build it! ? I can't see how I can connect the UFH loop straight to this single pipe without blending. It's too hot surely for the tiles etc. The pipe is pumped straight from the oil boiler. (My lad's cheapo multimeter):

IMG_20210111_203846919.thumb.jpg.b0b34837d60455c24d80ecbd3eee396b.jpg

I was thinking it could be a completely stand alone system (temporarily). So connect the end of the UFH loop up to each other with a pump and willis heater. You’d also needs an ev and fill loop. 

please see my CAD drawing below ? (drawn with my finger on a phone after a bottle of wine - not my best work ?). 

Hopefully an actual plumber /heating engineer could tell you if this was ok. 

A4A29D32-A5C4-4BF1-B8BF-BEA669C3592C.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

I was thinking it could be a completely stand alone system (temporarily). So connect the end of the UFH loop up to each other with a pump and willis heater. You’d also needs an ev and fill loop. 

please see my CAD drawing below ? (drawn with my finger on a phone after a bottle of wine - not my best work ?). 

Hopefully an actual plumber /heating engineer could tell you if this was ok. 

A4A29D32-A5C4-4BF1-B8BF-BEA669C3592C.jpeg

Technical!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, pocster said:

Oh , forgot to mention ; not to scale and exact quantities not specified 

I like the fact you have steered away from the more modern digital drawings in favour of traditional hard copy. 

1 hour ago, pocster said:

@Gav_P you inspired me with your superb technical drawings and beautiful simplicity.

So here’s the easy to follow guide to build a house .

8B31EA67-66F9-4006-AB66-DA519DB144A1.jpeg

To be fair this is fairly similar to the drawings I gave to my builders when they did my extension. 

• Haha 1