Bath Surround / Boxing In, and concealed pipework

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Baggsy first wee !

Lots of experience in having a leak I suppose...

Cess pool wouldn't take it at the moment anyway!

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Spray foam around the groups of pipe that you now cannot lag ;)  Saw it all square after and rejoice in not having to move the b’stards ?

??? What groups of pipes?

• 3 weeks later...

Nasty Wickes wood battens on and plumb/level. Quick coat of white in the bit you'll see if ever accessing the pipe/valve to the wc:

20190505_200017

Ran out of gun foam :( Will get a can in the morning and try and get it all insulated and boarded.

Scored some 30mm Kingspan leftover on a site. Original wall in the cupboard so out of plumb I did two layers of 30mm on the top half with blobs of low expansion foam. Lower down 1 layer of 30mm and a full bed of nom 20mm expanding foam behind. I'll let dry, cut level then wash the bird sh!t off before foil taping a bit of vcl for good measure and boarding. "Fire up the Lidl drywall gun!" :)

20190507_204805

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122042403@N05/46882470425/in/dateposted-public/

Some foil tape here and there. Probably overkill insulating these internal walls but SWMBO has commented more than once how quiet the new bathroom is!

I need to make a removable / hinged panel feature to access the valve and get my hand in to the right to access the Geberit connections. Sod's Law the panel edges won't fall on grout lines! 

Maybe do a full width, removable ply panel 3 tiles high and just screw in place? Still fancy something hinged...

2019-05-09_12-22-41

Edited by Onoff

B@ll@cks! 

SWMBO has just decreed that she wants to use the 51 leftover grey tiles in the yet to be started upstairs ensuite shower. Nom 1200x800.

Said I, "But there's not enough love!" 

Apparently we're going to use tbe leftover mosaics to make it work. 

Looks like I'll be plastering inside this cupboard then.

:(

Couldn't find my part roll of green vcl so pressed a 1200mm long, clear refuse sack into use:

20190509_185801

Really can't fault this Parkside drywall gun:

20190509_192012

Can't decide on boarding this back bit...thinking down to and up as far as the green arrows and have a full width removable panel. Or do I overboard the narrow bit on the left too and have a smaller panel? This is all going to be plastered.

20190509_193513

Edited by Onoff