Bath Surround / Boxing In, and concealed pipework

Again looks better in real life:

20190130_200451

20190130_195756

Been messing around with the angle of the LED strip to light the mosaics.

Hoping to fit the end panel on the bath once and for all next. I'll white silicone the joints around the removeable panels then grout the rest.

Tbh......could I just white silicone all the joints instead of grout at least on the long side and end and just grout the top?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Tbh......could I just white silicone all the joints instead of grout at least on the long side and end and just grout the top?

That's what I would do.

Must say, its all coming together nicely :). Yes to the silicone around the spots, not grease. Silicone would clean off no problem if needed, whereas the grease will just end up doing nowt.

5 LEDs across the front is 'spot' on. ;)

8 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

That's what I would do.

Must say, its all coming together nicely :). Yes to the silicone around the spots, not grease. Silicone would clean off no problem if needed, whereas the grease will just end up doing nowt.

5 LEDs across the front is 'spot' on. ;)

Siliconed in with some Dow Corning 785+. Got Forever White to do the "grouting".

Will have a fair few leftover, part used tubes of various (decent quality) silicones etc left over I reckon. Don't reckon they'll still be in date by the time I start the en suite!

3 hours ago, Onoff said:

Siliconed in with some Dow Corning 785+. Got Forever White to do the "grouting".

Will have a fair few leftover, part used tubes of various (decent quality) silicones etc left over I reckon. Don't reckon they'll still be in date by the time I start the en suite!

Should of done RGB LED then you could change the 'mood' when you're rub a dub dub in the tub!

Edited by pocster
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, pocster said:

Should of done RGB LED then you could change the 'mood' when you're rub a dub dub in the tub!

50 minutes ago, pocster said:

For the long pocket it is an RGB strip, see the remote sitting on the shelf. The 3 pocket lights and 5 along the base of the bath are plain blue, cheapo deck lights.

2 hours ago, Onoff said:

For the long pocket it is an RGB strip, see the remote sitting on the shelf. The 3 pocket lights and 5 along the base of the bath are plain blue, cheapo deck lights.

Fair enough !

So now if you enter the bathroom whilst SWMBO is in the bath and the lighting is red ; you are in trouble . Red = anger !

44 minutes ago, pocster said:

Fair enough !

So now if you enter the bathroom whilst SWMBO is in the bath and the lighting is red ; you are in trouble . Red = anger !

I thought the blue lighting would feel cold but it doesn't. It's all pretty relaxing lying in there (listening to a bit of Deadmau5). Although I've multiple points in the ceiling missing insulation between the joists at the mo, the room holds the heat. Also really quiet which I didnt expect. 

That's the Geberit wall drain in. Push the brushed st/st plate in, bring it down onto 8mm packs, take the plate off and lock in place with the Allen key. Push plate back in. The brushed finish doesn't really match the chromed mixer, riser rail, flush plate etc but hey ho. 

Tbh the simple look belies the work that went into this and what's hidden in the wall & floor:

20190131_180656

20190131_180704

Geberit never cease to amaze me. I invariably look at the instructions and first think WTF? Then I figure it out and think how bloody clever albeit simple. It's just good design.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

With downstairs looking like this:

20190309_210126

There's still a bit to be done in the loft. More "with hindsight" moments at every turn!

Tonight's fun getting mains cold to the basin! 

These are the pipes going down to the basin and bath:

20190312_173801

I've cleaned and fluxed the Yorkshire elbow closest to the camera but yet to solder it. 

First could have done that better moment: I was impressed by the way the 15mm pipe clips clipped together. Never gave a thought as to how I might insulate them and this in a section of hip end that's totally uninsulated.

20190312_173822

(Yes I bent all the pipes in one go).

The middle pipe is the mains cold. It runs down from the bottom of the picture...

...and at the mo a scrap bit of pipe is just abutting the concrete padstone:

20190312_173640

The Pegler valve is on the incoming mains. It runs to the tee I'm pointing to. The bottom of the tee feeds the new Geberit wall hung wc in the bathroom downstairs. Out the top of the tee, where the pipe cranks, it goes up the side of the dormer then across the ceiling of the dormer to feed the kitchen the other side of the house.

I need now to crank that bit of pipe touching the padstone and bring into the tee I'm holding.

20190312_173701

I don't want to upset the existing tee soldering for a start. Thinking maybe I move the Pegler valve back and put the tee in there. Should I put another, separate, valve in the run to the sink mains?

Then again should I change the Yorkshire tee to a compression. I say this as "later" I might want to feed the upstairs en suite with mains for the wc and basin.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 1

At least we have some certainty HOW and WHEN this bathroom will end, unlike the "other subject"

Okay the When is a little harder to pin down, but I think it might end before that we shall not speak of on here.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Christ knows whether this'll work but I've stuck the cheapo blind brackets on!

Didn't want to open a new tube of CT1 so used some Sticks Like Sh!t. Whether it'll work...

2019-03-24_01-37-27

It will fall off one day for sure !