Lapsed Planning

Shah

Hello All,

I have come across a plot which has a lapsed planning permission. What are the chances of getting it renewed? How should I proceed with the owner? Make an offer and sign an option to purchase?

Thanks,

Shah.

Hi

If you have a look at the PP and see if it was passed with no issues it may be relatively easy to get a new permission. If it was hard, or lots of appeals etc, then you may be in for a challenge...! Also try and find out why it wasn't started as that can sometimes indicate plot issues such as ground conditions as its perfectly possible to get permission to build something that is unbuildable....

Hi Peter,

Thank you for response.

The Plot had two applications refused previously but couple of schemes approved. This is a large plot of land and it was refused 3 detached houses but conditional consent for 2 detached houses. The planning in question is for 1 detached house (3 storey with basement, Modern design) which expired last year in February.

It is a conditional consent for the detached house and could be very expensive plot (Haven't checked the price yet but looks expensive).  

Edit: I should've mentioned it is an eco house!!

Edited by Shah

It will depend if there have been any changes to the local plan since the last permission was granted.  Our plot we are building on had permission in 1980 which had obviously long since lapsed, but it still met the criterea set out in the local plan for allowing housing in the countryside so permission was re granted and we bought it.

Good point Dave, I think local plan should be to build more houses as this is in London. If I were to change the size of the house (more likely reduce) or apply for two houses on the plot. Would this be same as re-applying for the lapsed planning permission?