Garage slab - edge detail

jamiehamy

Hi all,  getting ready for the slab for the garage. In the SE drawings,  he has a 500mm gap between the side of the icf and the slab edge My worry is that even with Gravel and perforated pipe,  water will sit here,  so wanting to move the Lbar out to nearer the edge. Will try get the engineer tmrw but wonder if there is any obvious reason why not? 

Screenshot_20170529-091710.png

Edited by jamiehamy

I spoke to the engineer about this and thought I might as well update in case anyone else has similar. He advised that it should stay 'as is', although he wants the L-upstands to be 40mm from the outer edge of the concrete ICF rather than the inner as per the drawing. He said that since this was a retaining wall, when it's backfilled, the ledge is required as part of the strength to the reinforced walls. 

He also advised that the lap between the L upstands and the vertical rebar should be 500mm - thankfully the L bars used were long enough for that. Slab in, ready for the walls. 

DSC_2013[1].JPG

I've just been chatting to my neighbour who is going to be constructing a retaining wall along part of our mutual boundary - same requirement, ledge required to form part of overall strength of the retaining wall.