Restoring PVC windows

JohnBishop

Hi,

Have you tried to restore yellowish PVC windows with hydrogen peroxide or do you know any other / better methods?

I was also looking into spraying the frames with paint but then I realized I need a compressor to paint it properly. I can paint doors with a roller no problem but I don't think roller is good on frames.

I also realized that apart from white I cannot find a good colour to cover these frames as to my taste any darker colour isn't attractive.

Best

Edited by JohnBishop

My painter does UPVC to look like wood with a special paint, yes I know it sounds crap but he showed me a sample and it looks really good even close up, grain and all.

• Like 1

My wife just painted a brown UPVC porch frame black to match our Rationel windows, using Zinsser AllCoat (available in white also) - absolutely brilliant job and looks like frames were originally black. A bit tricky to paint in some hard to get to places, but the effect when closed is great. She used brushes only (round ones alongside the glass, and no masking tape either) (I am not trusted with a paint brush)

Edited by Modernista
  • Like 2