When a five minute job runs to the whole weekend...

Finally had garage rendered so decided to fix the alu downpipes.

Then noticed that the gullies were not quite where they should have been.

Did a bit of digging...

Then noticed that the French drain at the rear of garage didn't quite meet up with the run to the soakaway, also the pipe connection from the garage aco was very optimistic.

Managed to reuse a few unused fittings and then had to cold chisel out the new gully location in the concrete slab.

Just finished it in time for the rain...

IMG_1220.JPG

IMG_1221.JPG

IMG_1222.JPG

IMG_1224.JPG

IMG_1230.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Vijay said:

Who did the previous work?

Same groundwork firm who did the demo, basement and services - that work was pretty high quality and I kept a very close eye on it - this was the last thing they did for me at xmas (took ages to get them back for a week of minor finishing jobs) . We oversized the slab initially so when the garage was erected the slab needed trimmed back and the ACOs and gullies fitted (hence the dust on the door). Was only able to put the downpipes on when the render team came back to do garage and a few other bits.

What with one thing and another,  I wasn't able to supervise that work closely. Not the end of the world, but should have offered up the down pipes and marked it out more clearly for them. Less happy on the joining of ground level drains  - will leave the pits open and let my new groundwork / landscaper take a look next week when he comes to start work finishing the site, he might relay the run to the nearby soakaway to ensure the fall is adequate while he has a machine on site.

One thing I've learned - it's very time consuming getting any 'big' trade back on site once the majority of the work is done. Smaller guys (sparks, joiners etc..) are easier as they tend to come out multiple times during the build so are used to having a spare morning or afternoon for snagging.

Now trying to get the roofer back to fix some GRP topcoat that's peeled off - roof is not compromised, just an aesthetic thing...