How to attach a kitchen sink to a thick countertop?

JohnBishop

Hi,

I have these clips/brackets/clamps to attach the sink but the counter top and the cupboard is about 6cm thick so there is no way to use those.

Are there any long clips that I can use? I have looked online but I cannot find anything definitive. My sink is Franke if it makes a difference.

I will put silicone around the sink but this is not going to hold.

Best

Edited by JohnBishop

1 hour ago, Big Jimbo said:

Are you saying that the worktop is 60mm thick. 40mm would be more common. If your cab has a solid top you should have cut a hole larger than the sink so that the clips would be onto the underside of the worktop.

The worktop is 40mm but the cupboard is in line and ads another 20mm. If I carve more from the cupboards it's going to disintegrate.

As you say previously there were carved out squares for the clips but I don't have the tools to do it. The sink is bigger than the old one and I have already taken another 14mm.
It's like a job for a carpenter not to destroy the cupboards completely.

Having fitted many kitchens I concur that fitting the sink can be a tricky one, no one answer for all circumstances, may be best to get a chippie in that’s done this before.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, joe90 said:

Having fitted many kitchens I concur that fitting the sink can be a tricky one, no one answer for all circumstances, may be best to get a chippie in that’s done this before.

Do you mean to use the chisel?