Stand pipe. Well, sort of.

Mr Blobby

So after demoloishing the old house I have a half-inch copper pipe in the gorund that I would like to rig to a temporary stand pipe.  Nothing fancy that has to be signed off by the water company, just a plastic pipe to a bib tap.

Being totally clueless about pipe sizes and fittings, what do I need to connect the half inch copper pipe to a few metres of plastic pipe (so that I can bury it to the boundary) and then a bib tap for the other end of the plastic pipe.

So I need the connector, the plastic pipe, and a bibtap. Which products do I need to do this?

You can get a copper to MDPE - or a universal transition joint, that gets you onto MDPE - see if you can blag a few meters of 25mm or something and just get a 25mm bib tap. 

Remember inserts for the 25mm pipe.

That is it really. 

Edited by Carrerahill

9 minutes ago, Carrerahill said:

You can get a copper to MDPE - or a universal transition joint, that gets you onto MDPE - see if you can blag a few meters of 25mm or something and just get a 25mm bib tap. 

Which size, they all seem to be 15mm on the small end. 

So would I need something like this too... https://www.screwfix.com/p/flomasta-compression-adapting-male-coupler-15mm-x/69358#product_additional_details_container

I used one of these to get me from 3/4" to 25mm

Plasson 77017 universal coupling 20-27 x 25mm | Wolseley

I was fretting about it for weeks as the 3/4" wasnt in the best state being buried under earth and rubble, bloomin amazing, they come with a range of input sizes so just pick t he one that suits the 1/2 inch pipe and make sure you clean and square up the 1/2" pipe before if not already done so.

How far do you need to extend it, if only a couple of metres then forget mdpe as you have to buy a 25m coil. 

Just go and get a 3m length of hep pipe and a straight connector and a hep washing machine tap. 

Will save you loads of cash and it’s all available from toolstation. 

• Like 1