Quartz worktop and mitred waterfall edge against uneven wall

Noticed that the new plaster work along one of the walls isn't quite straight or flush against the wall. The plan is to have a mitred waterfall edge on that end of the cabinet run. Will that gap persist when the end panel of quartz gets added or will it most likely go away? I can't quite tell if the gap is being exaggerated because of the way the cabinet was fitted/designed.

Do you all reckon that gap is within tolerance or is it going to be quite an obvious gap?

cabinet.jpeg

Just now, SuperJohnG said:

One of the items is not plumb which is it? 

I put a level against the wall, it's definitely not straight. Do you know if they normally apply some sort of adhesive or filler to ensure the worktop and edge is stuck to the wall as well?

Or chase into the wall, but like ProDave says the fitters will have a solution, they’ll have fitted into plenty of old wonky walls.

looks like you plaster kicks out at the bottom. Should be possibly to feather it out 

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

I have found a few plasterers that tend to do this.

It looks like there is no skirting.  Normally the plasterer leaves a gap at the bottom as it is very difficult to plaster down to the floor, keep it flat and not spread crap from the floor.  I think this is why it is flared out a bit.  The waterfall edge can be scribed to the wall.  Probably easiest to do in the workshop.

2 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

I think this is why it is flared out a bit. 

I beg to differ, my ‘good’ plasterer does not do this, the tendency is to sweep the trowel upwards leaving thicker plaster at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

It looks like there is no skirting.  Normally the plasterer leaves a gap at the bottom as it is very difficult to plaster down to the floor, keep it flat and not spread crap from the floor.  I think this is why it is flared out a bit.  The waterfall edge can be scribed to the wall.  Probably easiest to do in the workshop.

That’s right, no skirting attached yet. The templating chap has been and used his special laser camera contraption then also followed up with a measuring tape. Spent a good 1.5 hours measuring up even though it’s a small kitchen. I have checked with the supplier and they said they’ve factored in the gap. I guess I’ll find out when they come to do the fitting.

13 hours ago, joe90 said:

I beg to differ, my ‘good’ plasterer does not do this, the tendency is to sweep the trowel upwards leaving thicker plaster at the bottom.

I agree Joe. Bit fat trowel full of plaster, and start at the bottom of the wall ! I always judge a plasterer as being a good one when he hits the wall at about 600mm up from the floor, and works down. No fat lazy edge at the bottom. (Which usually looks crap)

• Like 1