Shorter drainage run - to save me some digging!

lstevensuk

Trying to save a bit of digging and mostly the fairly new tarmac driveway.

The dotted line shows existing clay drainage run. The solid line the new drainage run around the outside of the extension.
Can I get from point A onto the old clay run sooner? Or am I better, as shown, digging the trench from point A to B.

image.thumb.png.8593f601d9919cfb40e6d2635517b614.png

Move A to pick up the clay pipe at the corner of the extension, just below A and to the left.  move the pipe connecting A closer to the new extension line, Id run that drain in the same trench as the footings.  you may need a rodding point or IC at the rear corner of the larger extension box.

Have you confirmed the clay pipe is where it is shown as dotted.?

Edited by Jenki
Clarity
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, lstevensuk said:

Trying to save a bit of digging and mostly the fairly new tarmac driveway.

The dotted line shows existing clay drainage run. The solid line the new drainage run around the outside of the extension.
Can I get from point A onto the old clay run sooner? Or am I better, as shown, digging the trench from point A to B.

image.thumb.png.8593f601d9919cfb40e6d2635517b614.png

I'd move A down a bit, then put a new chamber into the clay near the house, I would then also catch the waste from the run from the door directly into this chamber so that A only collects waste from the 3 outlets shown top of your plan. Then run A over to the new chamber on a branch. Just lay it out well so that everything is always trying to flow away, try not to have things running across your site is never good.

I would position the new chamber further from the house. Doesn't clash with the house construction, plus the flow is a more direct route.

It would be essential first to prove the depth of the existing drain at a proposed connection point.

Bear in mind that rodding chambers generally lose height at branches but maintain it at 'straight through' connections. Look at one on line or at a 

merchant to make sure.

Thanks @saveasteading have moved out. There is a slim chance a car might hit that point.

Are you saying point A can just be a rodding point? Understand about the depth calcs. I'm basically trying to get the drains in first so at least we have a functioning house whilst the main works happen.

Have added some footings detail.

image.png.2c8b2153b68384039513802bfecf3cb0.png

Edited by lstevensuk