Two identical Velux windows not staying open the same amount (final, small issue on build that is frustrating :-) )

sneakyben

Hi,

I have a new extension... with only one real problem that I have not been able to fix...

I am hoping some people here could help me with a solution to my issue, with our new extension...

We have fitted 2x Two identical Velux windows... but they are not staying open the same amount... is this normal? How can we fix it? (or even get them open more?)

[I am aware they wont ever open a lot, due to the shallow slope of the roof]

PXL_20220622_131207830.jpg

PXL_20220622_131212692.jpg

PXL_20220622_131258245.jpg

Edited by sneakyben

• sneakyben changed the title to Two identical Velux windows not staying open the same amount (final, small issue on build that is frustrating :-) )

The pitch is pretty shallow... can't remember exactly but quite a lot less than 45deg... I will ask Velux re springs... does anyone know if these are an expensive thing to replace? (or a pain in the bum to fit the replacements?)

Is the friction adjustable? Ask Velux.

Google found this but I've no idea ifbit fits your windows...

https://www.loftsolutions.co.uk/shop/velux-spares/window-spares/velux-zoz114

Velux Extra Strong Friction Hinge Clips ZOZ 114, for use with Velux ZZZ 125 Spring, for stiffening the opening of Centre pivot roof windows installed in a shallow pitch, comes with a 50ml tube of grease.

you can adjust the springs, we have similar set up to you, and needed to adjust the pre load on the springs to enable the window to stay open at all. There are videos and pics online of how to do it. Best done at install time as some of the covers on the outside need to be off to access the springs and adjusters

• Like 1