Battery power for WIFI router

pstunt

1 hour ago, Temp said:

There are some with screw terminals. Lead time is a bit long on this one.. and you only get one for £10..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Akozon-Converter-Adjustable-6-5V-60V-1-25-30V/dp/B07H5MC6V3/ref=sr_1_91?keywords=24%2F12v+to+9V+dc&qid=1656356353&s=industrial&sr=1-91

Probably similar on ebay.

Excellent. Thank you all for the suggestions. Looks like I have new project to keep me entertained whilst I wait for my builder to start again.

1 hour ago, pstunt said:

It's almost certainly regulating down to 5V or less which could be why you got away with running it from a 5V power pack. Might not be ideal though, with no headroom at all. If you do go with the adjustable regulator (good find @Temp) adjust it to 9V. The router probably wouldn't draw any less power at a lower voltage and might just be less reliable.

That's a nice looking synchronous switch-mode regulator Temp found. Somewhat overkill in the amount of current it can deliver but no bad thing. The excellent conversion efficiency it gives you is worth it. With it, I'd recommend using a 24V LiFePO4 battery such as this one which I'm using because it's a better match to 250W panels.

Edited by Radian