Never heard these words in the same sentence.....scaffolders, courteous, tidy, helpful.

Praise where due.

Having advised our family on site that scaffolders are a different breed, and to prepare for some chaos: this message today from site.

You would be pleasantly surprised by the scaffolders:  very nice guys, proud of their work and company, and did a full tidy up before they left.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, saveasteading said:

Praise where due.

Having advised our family on site that scaffolders are a different breed, and to prepare for some chaos: this message today from site.

You would be pleasantly surprised by the scaffolders:  very nice guys, proud of their work and company, and did a full tidy up before they left.

Our scaffolders were the same. A small local family run business who were extremely helpful and pleasant to have on-site. 

I think the Coronation street builder stereo type builder has long gone 

No pie and pint down Rovers at DINNER time 

When I first started It was normal to get a beer or two on a Friday Lunchtime 

Now we have random alcohol and drug tests on a daily basis 

Locally, I understand that a couple of the large firms pay their scaffolders partly (50%) in white powder. Which is why we employed a local family firm. Polite, hard-working, sensibly priced. And deliciously indiscrete. 

Recently, another local firm wasn't paying him properly. So come Sunday morning, he popped out to the site and removed the scaff boards. 

But what if that company hadn't been paid and so couldn't afford to pay you, I ask.

When this company is on 3 months credit,  he shot back. 

"There's credit, and then there's tekin' 't p!ss. Eeee wunts ter pay me in cork - fook that"