Solar Edge Battery

Pocster

Installer confirms it doesn’t work as planned ( no shit )

I briefly spoke to SE - but it was a call centre so my patience is sapped in a few nano seconds . Might be possible with 2 inverters ; one as master other as slave .

Not said anything to installer yet - they can work it out . If that is the solution and they come to me to stump up extra cash for a 2nd inverter - they can do one .

Failing that 3 phase would solve the issue - but again I expect the installer to stump that up at 9k …

Edited by pocster

I am the first ! Leading the way for others . No one exists with power wall and solar edge on 1 phase !

In theory should work as intended now ! . Will see what happens overnight and tomorrow morning 😁

5 hours ago, Big Jimbo said:

Pocster knows i love him. Blinking tech though. I would be scuppered at this point.

Big kisses 😘 back to you . More technology. More complexity. More issues ! . Distractions from finishing the build !!! 😂

• Like 1

On 24/06/2022 at 18:19, pocster said:
On 24/06/2022 at 17:55, joth said:

It's an SE-x000H of some sort.

Do you know how many kW the inverter is? That determines the 'x'

I’ll take a proper look tomorrow 🍷 

Any idea what inverter model number / how many kW it is ?

11 hours ago, pocster said:

Se3680h 

Slightly odd choice as that's sized to exactly be under the DNO limit, yet you have at least (?) 2 other inverters (original PV system and the PW?) so must be over the G98 limit.

Unless all PV is going through this one new inverter? And the PW using G100 export limiting? 

Ah ok that might make sense 

21 minutes ago, joth said:

Slightly odd choice as that's sized to exactly be under the DNO limit, yet you have at least (?) 2 other inverters (original PV system and the PW?) so must be over the G98 limit.

Unless all PV is going through this one new inverter? And the PW using G100 export limiting? 

Ah ok that might make sense 

Yeah sorry . This inverter replaced previous one ; so all pv through it 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pocster said:

Yeah sorry . This inverter replaced previous one ; so all pv through it 

Is your PV oversized for the inverter? As it how many kW of panels do you have?

Charging 23kWh of battery from a 3.8kW array sounds optimistic even for high summer, but I guess you're sizing all this for overnight cheap rate recharge. (Perhaps a brave decision as who knows if those cheap off-peak rates will last)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joth said:

Is your PV oversized for the inverter? As it how many kW of panels do you have?

Charging 23kWh of battery from a 3.8kW array sounds optimistic even for high summer, but I guess you're sizing all this for overnight cheap rate recharge. (Perhaps a brave decision as who knows if those cheap off-peak rates will last)

Pv was 4kw with just PW

pv now 8kw with optimisers, pw and se battery ( new inverter aswell )

Optimistic ? . Actually did it yesterday . 23kw 100% full and ended exporting 😁

Currently draining pw into my EV with the hope solar production will refill it today .

In winter you are indeed correct . My ambition is at off peak rate to fill 23kw . Should in theory (!!!) never ever use peak rate again .

Boom ! 

Edited by pocster
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, pocster said:

My ambition is at off peak rate to fill 23kw . Should in theory (!!!) never ever use peak rate again .

Thats tremendous @pocster

Useful thread to help folk like me who plan a similar approach in a year or so when we've saved up a bit of money.

Would you mind me asking  what the battery costs are - roughly ?

1 hour ago, pocster said:

pv now 8kw with optimisers, pw and se battery ( new inverter aswell )

Optimistic ? . Actually did it yesterday . 23kw 100% full and ended exporting 😁

Ok if you have 8kW of PV this seems a bit more feasible. Only requires 3-4 hours of full sun rather than 8!

To confirm you started yesterday with both batteries completely empty, and charged them both from solar? Nice.

You can only charge the PW at 4kW (PV inverter rate limited) so yeah the logic needed to get them both charged up in the most efficient way is nontrivial.