Solar Edge Battery

Pocster

Yesterday extra PV and SE battery were added.

SE battery not commissioned yet but apparently charging from solar ( I can't see this yet as commissioning needs to be done ).

SE Battery quite a chunky monkey. Apparently the top 20% of it is an automatic fire extinguisher ( so I was told by installer ).

Because I have a PW2 as well when Tesla app shows Kw from solar it's potentially fibbing as it could be nicking lecky from SE.

None the less some strange behaviour today!. As no PV generation yesterday as panels off the PW2 charged off peak as expected.

But look at just after 6am today!. Something emptied it!. Not possible for SE to draw from PW!. No idea what would sup all that juice - never seen that happen before....

Will update this exciting thread once I have more info.

IMG_6084.PNG

IMG_6086.jpg

IMG_6085.jpg

• Like 3

So this thread already answers one question we had: it seems that yes the SE energybank can be charged from AC grid, as well as from DC PV system. Good:)

Do you have it installed with any off-grid capability? Not sure they've enabled that for UK (or EU) regs yet.

What inverter are you using it with?

Mine was due for delivery this month, but now delayed to August. Let's see if it transpires

1 hour ago, pocster said:

One mystery solved !

installer confirms once SE has done its self test it charges 100% - so it emptied the Tesla !! . A one off occurrence I am told .

at least it didn't take that from the grid and you can replenish the PW2 from the Solar PV.

There's still lots of confusion at the moment.

Charge order is PV -> SE -> Tesla -> house usage -> export

So Tesla app showing solar production at 3.6kw is a fib; it's drawing from SE.

What happens at the moment as PW2 is empty is; naturally thinks it's drawing from grid on peak but in fact is drawing from SE. So on 0% it draw's 10% then waits until that's used. I guess it's trying to be kind 🙂

So *I think* I ignore solar production in Tesla app and just believe what SE app shows ( still waiting for user id etc. ).

In terms of export I *assume* PW2 and SE can export simultaneously ....... :-?

TOU for SE apparently still doesn't exist in user app ( but does in installer app ) - which is dumb. I'll make sure I get installer access!

Can't do much now until SE user credentials come through.

57 minutes ago, joth said:

So this thread already answers one question we had: it seems that yes the SE energybank can be charged from AC grid, as well as from DC PV system. Good:)

Do you have it installed with any off-grid capability? Not sure they've enabled that for UK (or EU) regs yet.

What inverter are you using it with?

Mine was due for delivery this month, but now delayed to August. Let's see if it transpires

Not sure about off grid support - but I don't need that 🙂

Erm - the inverter in the photo ( whatever that is! ) :-)))))) - they took the previous one away!

My complication is of course having PW and SE. So both their apps, EV charger app and car app. They all tend to fib or confuse. Tesla app has been rock solid though ( ignoring PV generation fibs .... )

Lot's for me to play with!

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Erm - the inverter in the photo ( whatever that is! ) :-)))))) - they took the previous one away!

It's an SE-x000H of some sort.

Do you know how many kW the inverter is? That determines the 'x'

1 hour ago, Big Jimbo said:

All that solar stuff looks the mutts. However, those wall cappings.........😂 ......Only kidding buddy. Enjoy your beer. Those cappings are way better than your solvent pipe stickings..

There’s a long story with those . Wrong sizes , months of delays … basically (expletive deleted) off 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pocster said:

There’s a long story with those . Wrong sizes , months of delays … basically (expletive deleted) off 😁

You can (expletive deleted)ing do one also @joth for laughing at that shite . C**ting forum full of toss face twats 

Edited by pocster
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big Jimbo said:

All that solar stuff looks the mutts. However, those wall cappings.........😂 ......Only kidding buddy. Enjoy your beer. Those cappings are way better than your solvent pipe stickings..

I’ll send you a photo to zoom in on you big pussy packet 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Radian said:

It's obviously rubbish. But don't fret, I'll give you £500 and come over to take it off your hands 🙂

Not paid them yet - so I think that will act as a good incentive for it to get fixed 

12 hours ago, pocster said:

You can (expletive deleted)ing do one also @joth for laughing at that shite . C**ting forum full of toss face twats 

You just reminded me to add my emoji to  @Big Jimbo's post! 

I'm just jealous mate, on the slippery slope to fuel poverty here unless I freeze to death first or can make insulation/electricity/fuel from runner beans?

• Like 2

Just now, Onoff said:

You just reminded me to add my emoji to  @Big Jimbo's post! 

I'm just jealous mate, on the slippery slope to fuel poverty here unless I freeze to death first or can make insulation/electricity/fuel from runner beans?

Your house should be very energy low use ; after all you have no ufh 😁👍

15 minutes ago, pocster said:

Your house should be very energy low use ; after all you have no ufh 😁👍

You'd have thought :(

Any chance of running an extension lead to your place?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pocster said:

Think I'm in here! Never had such a clear come-on for a single emoji reaction 🤣

We're all just jealous. But seriously, if you need a hug I'll come over*.  Just don't be surprised if you're down one Energy bank when I leave.  😁

*  I may leave you a dose of corona in exchange.

Edited by joth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1