Horizontal to vertical flue run possible?

8ball

I'm having a new combi boiler (Ideal Vogue C26) and I want it fitted in the new utility room I am creating but the flue needs to travel horizontal for roughly 50cm through into garage and then vertical for about 90 - 100cm through the garage roof, do you guys know if this is possible?

I have found lots of info online regarding running flue's but no information about using both horizontal then vertical.

I would ask the guys I'm getting in to quote the install but I have a trust issue with builders after being screwed over on my flue install for the woodburner not so long ago.

Here is a very intricate and detailed drawing I did of the flue requirement:

5926ed5ae12c4_Fluerun.thumb.jpg.bd84dc8fcaae5e722687af7b774e653a.jpg

Whilst on the subject of boilers I was thinking of getting my boiler from Mr Central Heating and then getting a reg'd dude to install it, am I causing any headaches in the future doing it this way?

28 minutes ago, 8ball said:

I'm having a new combi boiler (Ideal Vogue C26) and I want it fitted in the new utility room I am creating but the flue needs to travel horizontal for roughly 50cm through into garage and then vertical for about 90 - 100cm through the garage roof, do you guys know if this is possible?

I have found lots of info online regarding running flue's but no information about using both horizontal then vertical.

I would ask the guys I'm getting in to quote the install but I have a trust issue with builders after being screwed over on my flue install for the woodburner not so long ago.

Here is a very intricate and detailed drawing I did of the flue requirement:

5926ed5ae12c4_Fluerun.thumb.jpg.bd84dc8fcaae5e722687af7b774e653a.jpg

Whilst on the subject of boilers I was thinking of getting my boiler from Mr Central Heating and then getting a reg'd dude to install it, am I causing any headaches in the future doing it this way?

Why not put the boiler in the garage and make more space in the kitchen ..?

And GSR fitter says yes but would prefer to use two 45 degree bends rather than the 90s as they aren't true 90 so a vertical can look odd. 

And watch out for windows above the garage roof ...

2 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Why not put the boiler in the garage and make more space in the kitchen ..?

And GSR fitter says yes but would prefer to use two 45 degree bends rather than the 90s as they aren't true 90 so a vertical can look odd. 

And watch out for windows above the garage roof ...

I rented a property for 3 years and had the combi in the garage and it seemed to play up a lot plus I like my garage space for sawing and smashing stuff:D.

No windows to worry about but have just checked the old gas supply pipe and it looks like 15mm and a combi needs a bit bigger I think:|

I think your only answer here is going to come from your gasman.

I think that garage installations should be reliable if it is a reliable boiler. I would certainly prefer it to a loft installation (bl**dy things).

Will 26kw be enough output for your DHW?

I am about to have a Vogue 32 fitted.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

16 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

I think your only answer here is going to come from your gasman.

Will 26kw be enough output for your DHW?

I am about to have a Vogue 32 fitted.

Ferdinand

Only me and the wifey and I only shower twice a weekxD

Edited by 8ball

The run your proposing is fine. Almost any boiler manufacturer supports this type of configuration. ;)

The 90's would be my preferred choice as its less connections for one, but also if there's a gap between the 45's then it's an extension at each point so gets expensive too. The 90's aren't perfect 90's for a reason. The condensing boilers need a continuous uphill rise, from boiler to flue terminal end, so that the condensed water runs back down the flue to the boiler and out the condensate drain. The idea is that no water pools or sits anywhere in the flue run, and also none drips out of the end of a normal horizontal flue terminal. 

If space is at a premium then put it in the garage, but if not keep it in the utility. ?