Eps insulation used over xps at ground floor level

Carpe Diem

We are just about to start thin coat rendering and I have noticed that in some areas he has used a combination of xps and eps insulation. 

In most places it is 200mm of xps but in a couple of areas, he has used 100mm of xps against the wall and then 100mm of eps on the face side.
insualtion on the external.

He reckons it will be fine but I am concerned that the eps insulation below ground will cause an issue. It will be against gravel.

the wall with no insulation is a garden wall the property joins but you can see the dpc level here.

153B1194-4672-4BBB-946D-43A6D96AFB6B.thumb.jpeg.da80b353fd42451fee26d5fc7a161eee.jpegC815010D-220E-4821-B5D8-7BE575E8FBE9.thumb.jpeg.748847f00b24e22e2498d04d4c5d31ed.jpegAny comments?

Just to be clear, are you referring to the insulation below and just above dpc? If so, EPS will perform just as well if not better than XPS. XPS is still specified but there are many studies showing EPS performance v XPS, even below grade. What I can't tell you is if the way your builder has layered the two has an impact on moisture movement in the wall.