Homeowner in my street is threatening an injunction over my proposed use of shared access...

42 minutes ago, Adrian Walker said:

When were these Deeds written?

There are various dates on the deeds for various matters but the one we are looking at here is rights reserved by a conveyancing dated 1953

Keep emailing his solicitor, it will cost him when they reply to you or possibly even read your correspondence, to make things worse, print and post it all. Then they have to scan it to send to your client or indeed copy it verbatim if they want to quote you, all costing money. Your neighbour might get fed up paying solicitors fees because until you do anything, there is little that will or can happen.

Seems like they don’t have a leg to stand on reading the deeds.

You can’t use machinery but that wasn’t planned anyway.

There may be some argument over whether wheelbarrows etc constitute foot traffic. My view is they do as they are pushed by someone on foot. To not be foot traffic the vehicle would have to be carrying the person. No doubt there is some legal precedent on this matter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carrerahill said:

Keep emailing his solicitor, it will cost him when they reply to you or possibly even read your correspondence, to make things worse, print and post it all. Then they have to scan it to send to your client or indeed copy it verbatim if they want to quote you, all costing money. Your neighbour might get fed up paying solicitors fees because until you do anything, there is little that will or can happen.

Whilst your suggestion has a great deal of appeal to it I really honestly do not want to cost the guy more than I have to... I know he started it, I know he is being unpleasant and obstructive and he may consider me as an "enemy" but I don't have the energy to do the same to him, he isn't worth it... However I certainly am not going to spend my own money on it for now :)

• Like 2

You can do it yourself and get the same or better results without solicitors. You know what to do, and people here have confirmed it and made suggestions. The personal approach with some confirmation in writing/emails. I reckon it will go away.

What i don't think has come up is the nagging of family and friends...maybe he has been spurred into this action., and a reasonable approach by you is all that is needed.

On 20/06/2022 at 21:52, Roundtuit said:

How was the letter delivered? If not recorded delivery

In legal terms a court letter is deemed delivered next working day if a First Class postage was used and proof of postage was obtained from the Post Office counter (a free service). So what's good for a court is good for a member of the public or a solicitor. Picked that up from helping people fight parking speculative invoices.

Edited by kommando
  • Thanks 2

On 24/06/2022 at 22:30, saveasteading said:

You can do it yourself and get the same or better results without solicitors. You know what to do, and people here have confirmed it and made suggestions. The personal approach with some confirmation in writing/emails. I reckon it will go away.

What i don't think has come up is the nagging of family and friends...maybe he has been spurred into this action., and a reasonable approach by you is all that is needed.

I do wonder if there has been an element of this. The person in question spends the best part of every summer away from the property so the "enjoyment of property" in the original mail would have been less him. Also some of the comments in the objection to the planning permission don't sound like his thoughts. Anyway... reasonable all the way.