Extension foundations

Hi there 

I’m just after some advice I’m building my own single story extension myself 3m x 4m

foundations have been dug and passed by building control. When we came  to concrete 3/4 of the pour was done as one but was late in the day we couldnt quite finish the pour, so about 1.5 metre section was poured the following morning and just butted up to previous pour. Is this likely to cause structural problems down the line 

thanks 

Shouldn’t have been poured with a vertical join unless it’s got rebar or steel dowels in the join. In reality it “shouldn’t” move but I would be putting a couple of 215x140 1200mm concrete lintels over the joints and building off those - and hoping BCO doesn’t notice !

14 minutes ago, Jimbo1976 said:

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately the brickwork is nearly up and it’s only just dawn on me that this can be a problem,

what’s the worst case scenario going forward? 

Differential movement and you start seeing cracks

• 2 weeks later...

If the ground is good and the foundations were put in at the correct depth then I wouldn't worry.

If there are issues in future you could crack stitch the masonry to give it more continuity strength.