Views on Stiebel Eltron

marsh3377

Hi all,

New member looking for advice on Air Source Heat pumps. 

I am building a 5 bedroom, 3,500sq ft house and I am trying to decide on an Air Source Heat Pump for the building. There is no gas in the village so have to go with an ASHP.  I've been recommended a Stiebel Eltron WPL 25 AS and I just wondered if anyone had any views on Stiebel Eltron? Also, any recommendations on any other ASHP brands and models?

Many thanks,

Anthony

Someone on here mentioned they were the Rolls Royce of heat pumps, think they come with a similar price tag.

There is thread on here looking at standby energy consumption (can be huge), so would be worth having a read of that also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, marsh3377 said:

That's great, many thanks - will give them a call.

The're about to install one via me for my current full M&E package clients. Defo Rolls Royce, Bugatti even, but very good credentials for when it needs to count and boasts a CoP of 6 if installed to their ( very fussy ) criterium. CVCsystems also design and specify for my MVHR stuff, and Nick Vaisey is their in-house passive guru who is extremely helpful. Vitor is the ASHP guy, and he has also been very helpful in coordinating the above SE ASHP installation. Thoroughly recommend you talking to these guys. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it. I've sent a message to CVC Systems so hoping to speak to them soon.

With the knowledge of Stiebel Eltron being the Rolls Royce / Bugatti of the ASHP world, I was just wondering what Samsung and Mitsubishi are like? I would love to go Rolls Royce but my budget might not allow it, hence good to know thoughts of other brands.

24 minutes ago, marsh3377 said:

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it. I've sent a message to CVC Systems so hoping to speak to them soon.

With the knowledge of Stiebel Eltron being the Rolls Royce / Bugatti of the ASHP world, I was just wondering what Samsung and Mitsubishi are like? I would love to go Rolls Royce but my budget might not allow it, hence good to know thoughts of other brands.

Installed prices are quite significant either way tbh, so if paying for the whole shabang  you may as well have the best item installed if the install costs are roughly the same anyhoo. 
I’ve fitted Panasonic and am very happy with them, also.