Temporary surface cover for liquid screed - until we floor it properly

DeanAlan

We're forced to move into our renovation project prior to being able to complete many things - and frankly, I think we can make better decorating decisions by living in the space for a while as well.

We have a liquid screed based floor and wanted to know if there were cheap options for a temporary covering that would offer more wear and hygiene (washable).

Ultimately we'll need to prime it and then think we are micro-cementing and Amtico or Karndeen but ahead of that any ideas?

We might lay all our moving boxes down with gaffa tape (good for wear - for a few months - not good for hygiene). was thinking about cheap lino just taped down.

I'm sure there are some bright ideas our there.

Appreciate all (most 🙂 ) suggestions

cheers,

-Dean

We've got a couple of rooms I've not got round to flooring yet (well...its only been 4 yrs...). Only light foot traffic and load of stored crap in there, but not a problem for the floor.  Maybe don't sand off the laitance yet if you're worried about damaging the surface, and stand furniture on bits of cardboard.

Great suggestions @dpmiller @Ralph. Was wondering about sealing with primer as we'll need to do that anyway.

The Propolex might be the way to go. We have about 140sqm to cover downstairs and we're on cabredeck upstairs for another 100sqm. Trying to get the balance of spending for temporary works that is ultimately replaced v splinters and raw feet 🙂