Good Plastic Guttering?

BenP

A quick one....

Our budget isn't quite stretching to the metal rainwater goods - a job for a date in the future perhaps. 

Has anyone got recommendations for a good supplier of plastic goods? Screwfix look good cost wise but I'd rather not go for it if it's poor quality stuff!

BP

3 hours ago, BenP said:

Our budget isn't quite stretching to the metal rainwater goods - a job for a date in the future perhaps. 

shame. remember that if you're doing it in the future then you might have additional costs of scaffolding etc to consider rather than doing it now. not to mention the extra time doing the same job twice!

37 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

shame. remember that if you're doing it in the future then you might have additional costs of scaffolding etc to consider rather than doing it now. not to mention the extra time doing the same job twice!

Completely agree!

We'll be costing up the options regardless to see what the difference is before any kind of commitment! 

(Some) Cheap and unbranded stuff is very skinny and difficult to fix. I suspect some of it is a poor clone and not thought through.

If it goes up twisted it not only looks poor but functions badly, as any dip reduces the whole capacity.

So Brett Martin/ Marley/ Hunter etc would be my choice.

Make sure it is big enough for the job, especially if there is a long run of gutter before the dp.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BenP said:

Completely agree!

We'll be costing up the options regardless to see what the difference is before any kind of commitment! 

we installed natural Zinc and got it from Rainclear. great price and easy to fit. but obviously expensive when compared to plastic!

image.jpeg.b037246888cfc745077e05ea5a6e3f20.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gone West said:

have used Hunter in the past

When I was looking for PVC pipework for the spa baths, everyone recommended Hunter Plastics.

Can't ever remember having a problem with their products, as long as the boys fitting them did they were told.