GRP mock chimney / roof tiles issue

Hi,

We're buying a new build property and I've been watching the build processes pretty much weekly as it's within walking distance from where we live now.

The roof has recently been completed which includes a GRP mock chimney. Apparently the roof has been 'signed off' but in my opinion, the tiles around the chimney are not flush and look awful. I'm thinking this will cause problems over time with the wind/rain/snow etc. getting underneath them.

I'm interested in other peoples opinions, does anyone think this is a bad job or is this just acceptable and more of a cosmetic/personal opinion thing? I've made a complaint to the sales office who has contacted the 'build manager' but I'm not sure if I'm just being fussy.

Thanks!

37336C28-BDE0-419C-AC7A-384662549AAD_1_102_o.jpeg

B726C368-3CDC-483A-A131-37BF1EC09191_1_105_c.jpeg

D22CB268-D548-4E25-A49D-864B3C4D3FE2_1_102_o.jpeg

513FB50E-297F-4849-83A3-BFA987F9C4FB_1_201_a.jpeg

C89B644E-D8B5-46BF-A8C0-9D14520DF1D3_1_105_c.jpeg

Edited by btidude

Looks ok

Its not always easy to get the slates-tiles to lies flat over the flashing Especially thin ones like yours 

With a thicker type you can knock one of the lugs off the tile Which helps 

Chimney looks good for a fake 

There’s some real horrible ones being used 

28 minutes ago, nod said:

Its not always easy to get the slates-tiles to lies flat over the flashing Especially thin ones like yours

Personally I think that is a failure of the engineering design.

Do a search and see if you can find the manufacturer and ask their opinion. They almost certainly want their product to be fitted correctly.

4 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Personally I think that is a failure of the engineering design.

Do a search and see if you can find the manufacturer and ask their opinion. They almost certainly want their product to be fitted correctly.

You could do 

But if you look around at other chimneys and Velux It’s quite common 

Not pretty though

Manufacturers couldn’t care less how there product is fitted once it’s left the factory 

It's hard to tell why that 'kick-up' occurred. I suspect it'll be fine in terms of being waterproof, but once being aware of it, it would annoy me. Pity the 'stack' (in terms of the lead visible on each side) is asymmetrical, too.

Edited by Redbeard

5 hours ago, Redbeard said:

It's hard to tell why that 'kick-up' occurred. I suspect it'll be fine in terms of being waterproof, but once being aware of it, it would annoy me. Pity the 'stack' (in terms of the lead visible on each side) is asymmetrical, too.

The kick up is due to the lead and is unavoidable with those thin cement-fibre slates.

Thanks for all the responses, we’ve found it really helpful. I decided not to make too much of a fuss about the tiles. I’ve now noticed there’s a window in the wrong place, so that’s become the priority to get sorted!