Bamboo cutlery trays that fit well in a DIY kitchens drawer

I don’t like plastic cutlery trays. Would prefer oak, but can only afford bamboo. Want something with sides that are angled outwards, like this as this will fit better into my DIY kitchens drawers:

8DE23B4B-A1C4-4A3C-B29C-7BADA33CD7BB.thumb.jpeg.9b44a3c17c63e2965f31c8b7f01868f6.jpeg

but the range of sizes available from ikea is not great. Any thoughts on alternatives? Need inserts for a 600, 800 and 900 wide drawers.

We have exactly the same scenario and have one from B and Q that fits well in a 600 DIY kitchens drawer. Not sure about larger sizes, but they had a decent range I think. IKEA drawers are a different depth so theirs never fit other manufacturers. 

You could get a smaller insert and put it in the middle then just have a space between it and the sloped sides for larger items. The sloped side criteria really narrows down the options.

the DIY kitchen draws are just standard BLUM units incase you didn't know. just be mindful that the top draw might have less depth than the others. (depth meaning front to back)

the 'off the shelf' plastic ones only fit the top draw perfectly then all the other have a crappy gap. 

I bought the Blum inserts myself as it was cheaper than what the kitchen company wanted to charge.

They are very nice and fit perfectly but very expensive, around £100 per drawer. You can claim the VAT back though.

I have the metal inserts. In my opinion I would only have metal or plastic as it is easier to clean. I can see how you might prefer the look of wood, but not only is it harder to clean due to being wood, but the corners are 90 degrees which makes it even harder to give them just a quick dust out.

You can buy Bamboo sheet to make your own 🙂

Small sheets of solid..

https://kitronik.co.uk/products/3294-5mm-bamboo-side-pressed-natural-600-x-400mm-sheet

7mm plywood..

https://www.mosobamboosurfaces.co.uk/product/solid-panel-side-pressed-caramel-7mm-sku-bp-mp450/

or perhaps someone would make them for you?

Edited by Temp

On 04/06/2022 at 11:45, gaz_moose said:

yes, i think @gaz_moose you are right, and I will just go with plastic. As much as i hate it, wood/bamboo is just more expensive and more hassle.

Anyone know of a tray that fits a 900mm wide blum drawer that is designed specifically for kitchen utensils as opposed to cutlery? I've found the right size here, but many of the compartments will be too small for utensils.