Gas fire replacement

Our property is heated by a baxi bermuda back boiler with a very tasteful brown and beige gas fire on the front. My wife often uses the gas fire in the summer to warm herself up (she has just done so today in fact) instead of putting the CH on.

I'm planning to rip this all out, upgrade all the rads, insulate the floors and then move us over to an ASHP (see my other thread for more details) so I'm wondering what I can replace this gas-you-fire (as I like to call it) with that can provide clean, instant on, radiant heat? I suppose I could keep the CH on 365 days of the year and just leave the stat at 19, and let weather comp take care of everything?

She wants to have a wood burner in this place. I'm against this idea as I've lived off grid with wood and associated dust in another property for 38 years  (solid fuelled rayburn on wood and coal) and I'd like to think we can do something better than that.

I did find a rather nice room sealed, 5kW pellet stove from a Welsh manufacturer, but it's £5k with concentric flue and installation.