Hi Folks,

Just thought I'd say hi, just finishing the purchase of my new home and will be starting the planning for the demolition of the existing 2 story extension and construction of its replacement which will include a kitchen/diner and laundry room on the ground floor and Bedroom (ensuite) and Bathroom to the first.

Lots of questions I need to answer hopefully with your help, hoping to do the majority myself, looking to construct timber frame and clad in wood or sheet material to avoid brickwork (not my forte).

Hopefully, I can also bring something to the table, although a manager in the Building controls industry now, I'm an Electrician by trade. I like to think I'm reasonably knowledgeable although I'm sure plenty would disagree...

Thanks

Hi and welcome to BuildHub!

Timber frame and either wood or steel cladding will give you a very cost effective and DIY-friendly build route. Just depends on what the planners think of these materials, and of course you will need a building warrant.

If you would like to start a blog to share your project, just message one of the admins ( @TerryE, @PeterW, @recoveringacademic) and they can set you up with that.