A rant sorry. I object to subsidising the fat cats spec. housing companies. Where is the opposition when you need them? At the party.

2 minutes ago, PeterW said:

+1 to this - and blown fibre has a nasty habit of settling over time if not done correctly. I would only use beads or batts but at a significant thickness 

+1, I did an extension for a neighbour and when we broke into the cavity the blown insulation had slumped badly and missing in some places.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, joe90 said:

Gosh can’t remember but rockwall insulation batts 100mm x2 staggered. My builder was not sure about full fill but they had a BBA certificate for this. After the build was finished the west wall got soaked through winter rains and when I core drilled fir the ASHP pipes I found the insulation had not absorbed the wet at all even though the bricks were soaked. I have since treated the bricks just in case.

Thanks. You are braver than me. It would worry me forever more.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Roger440 said:

Thanks. You are braver than me. It would worry me forever more.

Well the BCO was happy as it had a BBA certificate and someone else here confirmed it would not wick moisture.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/05/2022 at 08:43, joe90 said:

+1, I did an extension for a neighbour and when we broke into the cavity the blown insulation had slumped badly and missing in some places.

To support your experience, I read (lost the link) the Energy Trust survey on the inferior performance of this material in real world examples (Scotland).