single skin concrete/ thermalite wall

Hello all, new to the forum. I recently paid to have a shed office be built in my parents garden. Didn't need planning permission as it's 2.5 high and 3mx 3.6m.

The blocks are 10cm wide. The bottom and corners are made of concrete blocks but the top and middle is using Thermalite.

We used 2x4 wooden studs along the inside of the walls and then insulated with foam so hoping that will give extra support.

The question I have is that the builders didn't use piers when doing the walls. But they have assured me that it is stable. What do you guys think in your expert opinion? Is my building safe?

No piers is fine. I built a shed almost the same size a few years ago and used a pier along the longest back wall. My neighbour and his dad popped round one day, his dad being a builder of 50 years, questioned why I had out the pier in!

3 hours ago, Conor said:

No piers is fine. I built a shed almost the same size a few years ago and used a pier along the longest back wall. My neighbour and his dad popped round one day, his dad being a builder of 50 years, questioned why I had out the pier in!

Thanks Conor, that's reassuring to know, got a bit worried about reading forums online saying buildings collapse when there is no piers

10 hours ago, surreylad1989 said:

I guess its like asking how long is a piece of string, but how many years will a building like this last as its only single skin? 10 -15 years?

If it lasts one year, it'll last a hundred.

Single skin walls without piers is more of an issue on long walls. Your returning walls and the roof structure add a lot of strength.

1 hour ago, Conor said:

If it lasts one year, it'll last a hundred.

Single skin walls without piers is more of an issue on long walls. Your returning walls and the roof structure add a lot of strength.

Thanks for your advise, yeah that makes sense. Going to stop reading random online forums lol