Toolstation Epic Fail

So yesterday I went to Toolstation to pick up a 10 pack of 3m 50mm waste pipe. 

Bloke dumped it on counter and bogged off. I picked it up, chucked it on my shoulder, swang round towards the exit and wiped the entire contents of the counter onto the floor with the end of the pipes. Monitor, keyboard, pdq machine the lot. O.o:D:ph34r:

The lady behind the counter on the next till position looked like she was going to poo herself! 

Oooops!! 

• Like 11

Never again will I feel guilty when the slightly built teenage girl at the Electricfix counter offers to take the bundle of 3m copper/conduit etc out to my car! I mean I've got to carry my tea and doughnut :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Onoff said:

Never again will I feel guilty when the slightly built teenage girl at the Electricfix counter offers to take the bundle of 3m copper/conduit etc out to my car! I mean I've got to carry my tea and doughnut :) 

Is this reality or one of your dirty dreams? ;) 

A few years ago my dad was helping me to load some wood into the car.

He lifted up the wood then I slipped it into the boot.

He handed me a piece and I slipped it right through the tail light.

I blamed a car that drove past us too close or something.

Clearly any DIY savings were wiped out by the cost of the new light.

11 hours ago, AliG said:

Im sure a thread of DIY related accidents could run quite far on here

Not so funny, I saw a friend who is building himself a garage. His hand is strapped up and imobilised having sawn through the tendon of his left thumb when the saw jumped. He showed me the blood trail across the garage floor where it happened........

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Not so funny, I saw a friend who is building himself a garage. His hand is strapped up and imobilised having sawn through the tendon of his left thumb when the saw jumped. He showed me the blood trail across the garage floor where it happened........

+1

This is Laurel and Hardy with the ladder territory, but we need to be serious when it is serious.

I was thinking more accidentally cutting through pipes than arms.

My dad once fell off a chair putting up a curtain rail. A 10 minute job turned into plastering and repainting a wall as the back of the chair went through the plasterboard. He was fine. He is useless at DIY, his brother built his own extension!

Ah yes, cutting through pipes.

My previous house had UFH upstairs and downstairs. I had worked out the en-suite layouts to have a 900mm square shower. I had even drawn on the floor where the UFH pipes went.

So when SWMBO changed the spec to have rectangular 1200mm showers, of course the waste was in a different place. Jig sawing the hole in the floor for the waste, at just the time I saw the line on the board, the fountain started to rise from the floor.

When we were renovating our last house I had been to toolstation to pick an new radiator for one of the bedrooms.

Drove home and took it out the packaging ready to start fitting it, only to discover that the radiator side panel had a small ding in it.

Being a 1 hour round trip to exchange I considered if I could maybe persuade the small ding out but came to the conclusion that as it was just bought it should be perfect.

So I then jumped into the wife's car and rushed down to exchange it........................in my mad rush (not breaking any speeding laws here btw) I thought I could make it through an amber light but the car in front decided otherwise!! Needless to say my wifes car had a nice dent in it as did the car in front............although our replacement radiator was dent fee xD

Edited by Rossek9
spelling
  • Like 1

I put a length of timber in the car, just fitted as long as I placed the front end on the dash.

Shut the hatchback and it poked the timber though the front windscreen.

A mate of mine, who was keen on DIY but not very good, was nailing down some floor boards.  He hit a pipe and had to call a plumber.

The plumber fixed it all up and left.

My mate then nailled though the repair.

What a twonk.

• Like 1

One reason I like the Prius.  You can easily fit 3m lengths of pipe, etc in it.  It has the most useful load space of any car I've owned, better than the Pajero in terms of usable load space.  It easily takes a washing machine in the back, too, with room to spare.

My mate came to cove a bathroom for me and stood on the corner of the £380 bath. Took it clean off. Ended up arguing over it and my mate wouldn't accept liability. Needles to say he didn't get paid for the coving but still hurt my wallet as the bath was fitted and fully furnished with 4 tap hole arrangement and sika flexed in place :(. 3 weeks later the replacement arrived ( holding the entire job up as I couldn't final fix the vanity run as the bath had to go in first ). 

New bath arrives and I set about fitting the feet and plumbing the 4 hole set back in. Part of that was fitting pipe clips to the chipboard underbelly so I could have the bath set tested and pre-plumbed with the isolation valves and supply pipework at the front of the bath for access, prior to fitting. 

I ask the ( lazy bugger, sacked a bit later down the line ) apprentice for screws and on the 4th screw I hear a pop. I put a screw through the clip, through the deck and through the bottom of the bath. One odd screw in the selection box that wasn't supposed to be in there and I just fired it home in my haste to impress the customer with their nice working tiled bath. ?  

Another bath ordered, 3 weeks delay again, and £760 + 2 days labour down the tubes. 

Haven't heard from the customer since. :/. I didn't ask for a reference.