Nudura

53 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

know what product it is I used it myself. What are you looking for ? 

Just the usual thermal properties and construction details.

I got that screen shot from the European website after following a link on the UK one.

I would have thought they would have had decent information, but seems to be just advertising puff.

Visited my local Nudura supplier last week. Picked up the brochures and technical info so will post them later if not online. I was quite impressed with the system - and they are very local to my build which will help with technical support/site visits. Only downside is I'm interested in ICF floors which they don't offer.

This is the thicker insulation version...

https://www.nudura.com/media/4551/xr35-product-information.pdf

I do wonder if a better solution is just extra pir insulation added to the standard block after.

Main catalogue here...

https://www.nudura.com/media/3062/2020-tremco-nudura-products-lr.pdf

Edited by Trw144

@Nickfromwales Yes, ufh planned throughout. I have seen it needs a lot of support - my friend (who is the builder) suggested poured in situ concrete, to which point I've suggested we look at ICF options.

EF508586-2ED1-42F0-A555-072796D8794D.thumb.png.eed9fe9101332d65a37478870cd4364a.png

Edited by Trw144

Still bewildered as to why anyone would remove all the service space within the posi-joists, but it's down to what each person sees is of value to them I suppose.

Why showing no solar on the front roof? Architectural typo? With a swimming pool I'd be grabbing every ounce of 'free' energy tbh. Are you insulating outside the concrete core of the substructure and then again internally where the pool is?

Agreed on the posi joist service space -  and these are all factors to weigh in on making a final decision. The big pro to me on concrete was the solidness underfoot - particularly for the patio area above the basement, also helps decrement delay (I appreciate this could also be achieved with blown cellulose).

I will add as much solar as I can - unfortunately the location isn't ideal for it.... The front gable you see faces North (great views) but is on a hillside with woods to the rear so certainly shading issues at times.

Current thoughts on the pool will be ICF with the insulated raft. I'm personally in two minds on pool but currently outvoted 3-1. I'd prefer an indoor football pitch with 15 x 7 of space!

Swimming pools are like a Philippino wife - a seven day wonder....(purely my opinion - no offence to anyone)

We knocked our pool annex down to make way for the new build. It hadn't been used in 20 years and cost a fortune to run over 20 years ago. 

We changed our to posi joists in our ICF build mainly because of the MVHR system ducting rather than the underfloor heating.

1 hour ago, Happy Valley said:

Swimming pools are like a Philippino wife - a seven day wonder....(purely my opinion - no offence to anyone)

Nonsense!!!

My mates lasted a little over 6 months ;)........

.........we're both going to hell btw.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tosh said:

3 hours ago, Tosh said:

@Trw144 we're not far a way from you and at first floor with Nudura, you're welcome to come and have a look/chat if it helps.

yes that would be great to come over and see how you are getting on/look at the Nadura. Do you have a builder doing it for you?

The Nudura UK website is undergoing a massive overhaul and all the relevant documents are being worked on as we speak. Because a lot of the previous documents / architects drawings / technical details etc were Canadian they are being replaced with UK specific details. Cheers, Steve [business name removed - Steve works in the industry]