Storing your Ball Gown....

During a build, inevitably there comes a time when SWMBO needs storage for her ball gown.  And tutu. But self builders know that their lives are full of dust, damp, fumes, paint and swearwords.

And Debbie wants her ball gown suitably protected. And I don't want to pay much. Oh, and by the way SPONS hasn't got a 'Store-Your-Ball-Gown' section.

How (never mind how much) have you stored your precious clothes? 

1 hour ago, recoveringacademic said:

During a build, inevitably there comes a time when SWMBO needs storage for her ball gown.  And tutu. But self builders know that their lives are full of dust, damp, fumes, paint and swearwords.

And Debbie wants her ball gown suitably protected. And I don't want to pay much. Oh, and by the way SPONS hasn't got a 'Store-Your-Ball-Gown' section.

How (never mind how much) have you stored your precious clothes? 

Will she need to access it during the build? I can't imagine that a full length zippable bag / suit carrier style protector would be that expensive? Otherwise box it up and store with a relative. Or post down to me and I'll put it in our Indiana Jone esqe box room in the basement (supposed to be a gym at some point in the distant future).

losk-ark-warehouse.jpg

Get a caravan. No this time I mean a small touring caravan.  Our touring 'van is full of stuff in storage like this. Now, the touring 'van will get just as cold if not colder than the static 'van, but with nobody living or cooking in it, the moisture levels stay low so even though it's cold, you don't get condensation on anything.  It's also away from the house and everyday living so does not get covered in sawdust.

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

PMSL

xD

You may laugh..... Lots of our stuff has already gone to charity shops.  Much more to follow. 

I'm trying to guess how much Hugh's likely to charge for a wee nook in his palace for Debbie's tutu......

Waralora stoof ya gather over the years!

It is raining here so I have had time to reflect upon the challenge Ian faces. The essential point is that the responses so far all assume that one needs to fit into the world around you while it is entirely possible to make the world around you fit in with you even if only slightly. Given this one could envisage a situation where the mind set of your average Lancashire ball goer could be so rearranged that they feel underdressed if they do not appear at the events in a ball gown that is covered in dust, has small rubble like elements in the hems and is otherwise unkempt. Indeed it may be that you could leverage this new punk like trend and create a revenue stream around the storage on site of other people's ball gowns so as to ensure they no longer feel out of place. 

18 minutes ago, Triassic said:

Buy a storage container, our two are stuffed, mainly with her stuff !!

I have a lovely storage container (25ft) with a fully finished site office on one side and 15ft of insulated storage on t'other. 

Can also be used for hosting international parties, provided you take the boxes out first (site office doubles as handy DJ booth / cloakroom / ticket office).

• Like 1

Guest Alphonsox

I felt sure this morning that this thread was some smutty euphemism.  I felt contrite and castigated as the day progressed with a raft of sensible solutions. Thanks @PeterW for proving my original opinion correct.