Help With Site Location Plan & Block Plan

southlakes

I'm currently putting together an application for a proposed new dwelling next to our existing property.

Im slightly confused about site plans and location plans and wonder if someone might be able to untangle me?

I have already producted a site location plan, and have worked to the following guidenace listed by my local council;

Site location plan checklist

scale of 1.1250 and noted
PDF
a4 size
show north
show at least 2 named roads
postal numbers of some nearby properties
application site edged in red, including landscaping access, access etc
show ajoining land within the applicants control in blue (not applicable)

What I am struggling with is the Existing Block Plan and Proposed Block Plan and how these differ from the location plan.

Am I right in assuming that I can use exactly the same map I used for the location map (scale 1:1250)? My plan was to use the same location plan as I purchased, and then mark it up for the proposed new development, following this checklist;

Be to a scale of 1:200 or 1:500
Show all existing buildings and structures, the garden and other open areas.
Include details of all trees, eg position, spread and species (eg oak, ash, etc).
Show the whole of the boundary of the property, indicating the position and height of all boundary walls and fences.
Show the position and size of existing and proposed hard surfaced areas eg parking spaces, turning areas, paths, etc.
Identify any buildings to be demolished.
Identify trees to be felled.
Show all roads/footpaths/public rights of way adjoining the site.
Show immediate adjacent properties and buildings.
Show the direction of north.

I supposed in a nutshell my question is, can I use the OS plan I purchased for the location plan as a starting point for producing the existing and proposed site plans?

Thank guys.

If you plan to do any planting after the house is built (eg hedge or trees) consider including a landscaping plan with the application. Its essentially just a site plan with the hedge/trees added. That allows you to reclaim the VAT off the plants otherwise you can't. 

37 minutes ago, Temp said:

If you plan to do any planting after the house is built (eg hedge or trees) consider including a landscaping plan with the application. Its essentially just a site plan with the hedge/trees added. That allows you to reclaim the VAT off the plants otherwise you can't. 

Oh thats a really good tip.

The Location Plan (1:1250 or 1:2500) will just indicate where the site is on the road.

The Existing Block Plan (which is commonly 1:500) is a zoomed in version of the Location Plan but maybe with a little more detail, e.g. outline of driveway, paths and patios. The Proposed Block Plan is obviously the proposed layout with the proposed driveway, paths and patios.

The Existing/Proposed Site Plans are further zoomed in versions of the Block Plans (usually at 1:100 or 1:200). You don’t normally need to provide Block Plans and Site Plans but one or the other.