Roofing repairs

We've had a few slates fall off over the last few months, looking at the roof more are loose so need repairing to. When we purchased the house, last year, we had a survey carried out that suggested the roof would need replacing in the next 10 years, so it wasn't something I was planning to tackle this soon.

To my knowledge, it's the original roof, so approx 150 years old, no felt/membrane etc below the slates. The pictures don't really do it justice, multiple slates on all sides are lifting, some are slipped/cracked, you can see daylight from the loft. What would you do?

Worst case I suspect would be a full reroofing with wind tight membrane, possibly looking at PV at the same time. It's just not an expense we had budgeted for this early on. 

IMG_5789.thumb.jpg.a6f989297f20ab3e7f18e0815e463eec.jpgIMG_5787.thumb.jpg.476430dd6ba8fd44e5ec1a50ae9be7da.jpgIMG_5828.thumb.jpg.de56b417f9969f13ce781a63a6df2aef.jpg

57 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Could you replace with interlocking black clay tiles and in-roof solar panels?  The current roof looks knackered.

Pictures 1 and 2 show the south facing roof space. I suspect the section with a gable end could be used for PV - it's approx 4m x 2m so not massive - but I'm not sure how useful the double hipped section would be given it's pitch and the massive chimney stack in the way.