Anybody using Hubitat systems?

We are reaching the crunch choices around the automation for the house and we have both Z-wave and Zigbee actuators / lighting. So I am casting about for a non cloud based hub I can use that handles both. Hubitat looks like a goer but there is / was also Wink not sure if that is still a thing though. 

Anybody used the Hubitat elevation hub?

On 07/05/2022 at 22:34, MikeSharp01 said:

Anybody used the Hubitat elevation hub?

I am. I was using Fibaro hub but did not like the programming/design side and much refer Hubitat. My plans are 4 x hubs with 1 per floor as we have a lot of concrete walls and floors. Just about to setup a slave type arrangement to test that out - will be doing it for real in 4 weeks so figured would experiment now with less stress!

The online community seems pretty good also.

18 minutes ago, Adam2 said:

I am. I was using Fibaro hub but did not like the programming/design side and much refer Hubitat. My plans are 4 x hubs with 1 per floor as we have a lot of concrete walls and floors. Just about to setup a slave type arrangement to test that out - will be doing it for real in 4 weeks so figured would experiment now with less stress!

Interesting - I am still reading about it. I can see the community is strong. I need to understand the API possibilities. We have a small timber framed build and I was hoping that I would only need one and let the mesh do the rest. Lots to learn but thanks for the reassurance.

I didn't do any detailed analysis of options really just liked the price and community and the multi hub option due to the house structure and size. 

Probably fine with a timber build. Always have the option to add hubs if needed. There is an antenna mod if you like that kind of fun but I'll try and go without that.

@pocster getting on ok with that? Any issues?

29 minutes ago, Adam2 said:

I didn't do any detailed analysis of options really just liked the price and community and the multi hub option due to the house structure and size. 

Probably fine with a timber build. Always have the option to add hubs if needed. There is an antenna mod if you like that kind of fun but I'll try and go without that.

@pocster getting on ok with that? Any issues?

Not much you can’t do with HomeSeer - but it has its quirks . Before tried fibaro server , Mac stuff and a few others . HomeSeer has a really active forum so there’s loads of support 

Just now, pocster said:

Not much you can’t do with HomeSeer - but it has its quirks . Before tried fibaro server , Mac stuff and a few others . HomeSeer has a really active forum so there’s loads of support 

Think there’s a free 1 month trial - so worth a shot on pc or pi