Getting there with build

Hi All,

I thought I share a photo of our selfbuild, well house remodel. 

It's taken a long time, we fell out with the builder last year and so doing the work ourselves, it's not quite finished yet but getting there.

My opinion of builders out the moment is so low, if I ever treated my customers like  the way we were treated, :(  I sure there are good ones out there, somewhere.

Anyway:

Before

1623205316_housefrontviewold.thumb.jpg.f25849e5f47eb9178c4cdfd62d457be0.jpg

After

849407857_housefront.thumb.jpg.bb99068d823686e929c787ba4d750452.jpg

• Like 9

Agreed that looks great.  More details in due course please.

And another one here very happy with our builder, but I suspect being in the trade and working on a job with those builders previously so I knew their work and how they were to work with did help in the decision making.

• Like 1

Really impressive transformation! Clearly an unusual building to begin with in terms of the battlements etc! Nice choice of finishes. Be interesting to hear how the present valuation stacks up against acquisition and build costs.

7 hours ago, Modernista said:

Really impressive transformation! Clearly an unusual building to begin with in terms of the battlements etc! Nice choice of finishes. Be interesting to hear how the present valuation stacks up against acquisition and build costs.

Thanks for the comments.

We have actually lived in the house for over 20 years but only recently been able to afford it.

In reality it may have been cheaper to knock it down and start again.